X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
    New OEM 1988 & Up Ford Seatbelt Seat Belt Buckle Kit Set E8AZ7461200B

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174180512055

This is for a wagon by the part number. I would have bought this when I added shoulder harnesses to the rear of my 88. But I didn't know it existed! Says 88-89 but I bet it works fine for earlier cars as well.
    The seat belts look like center belts, might work for a sedan ?

Comment

https://www.iaai.com/VehicleDetail/33467657~US

$300 Colony Park with Tow Package!

It's rough but not that bad. Someone grab it before it becomes derby fodder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Gotta another insurance auction wagon. This one is in NY and is going up for sale Wednesday.

Probably some frame damage but I'm sure it could
        be pulled out. This one is within 1000 on the VIN to my 90.

https://www.salvagebid.com/727913909...crown-victoria

Click image for larger version

Name:	A3FF3530-2CE7-40D2-835B-F1C2C4C79BAA.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	1386155
        Attached Files

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Rust would be an issue, for me and if there was frame damage it would be "see ya later"!
          What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
          What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

I spy a 3G conversion.
            I assume the shirt over the driver seat is likely hiding some wear on the seat. Although the seat bottom looks fine. Hard to find seats in that color in the JYs.
            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Looks like a good parts car. To repair all that is damaged would be way too much work and money. I suspect suspension/ frame damage. Wonder if it will bring over $600 before fees ?

Comment

IAAI Colony Park. I bet it stinks. Probably was a really nice car that was left to rot for whatever reason for a couple decades.
                Attached Files

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

always amazes me when you see things listed for sale that they couldn't be bothered to spend 10 minutes with a pressure washer to remove the worst of the funk.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    always amazes me when you see things listed for sale that they couldn't be bothered to spend 10 minutes with a pressure washer to remove the worst of the funk.
                    With the market as it is, perhaps they feel like they don't have to and still get crazy money for them? By the way, I totally agree with you!
                    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

That's an insurance auction, so I kinda get it not being cleaned off. As-is, where-is, take it or leave it, we don't care, etc.

Also, between the biohazard warning stickers and some of the staining on the rug(?) on the front seat, it is possible that someone died in that one under circumstances that very clearly weren't a crash.

My next vehicle is very likely to be a southern US (or otherwise rust-free part of the US) insurance auction car. Not that I'm in the market quite yet. The Fairmont wagon body we discussed in another thread a few days back almost made it happen though. If it were a roller with its complete stock suspension I'd probably have it here by now.
                      Last edited by kishy; 04-01-2023, 07:24 PM.

Current driver: Ranger
                      Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                      | 88 TC | 91 GM
                      Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                      Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                      | Junkyards

Comment

Looks like we have a P72 that will be coming up for sale at IAAI. Most of these anyone can purchase through a broker, but the fees get expensive quick.

Looks like it had the "granny" trim on the bottom like civilian versions.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

I wonder if the B pillar is OK. If it is new doors would be an easy fix
                          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Yea, looks like it might need a very small pull at the bottom but it is hard to tell from the photos.
                            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I'm sure it's all tweaked. Could probably be pulled out to be close. Getting a door to fit would probably be a challenge. Still a good car to to use to convert a civilian one into a police car.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Wow this one is tempting. It's the perfect body and frame to accept the pretty decent interior guts of my 88. I would have to ship it across country, however.

BIN $700 (plus a bunch of fees at IAAI)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2896.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.8 KB ID:	1388837 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2900.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.2 KB ID:	1388838 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2904.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.9 KB ID:	1388839 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2905.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.4 KB ID:	1388840 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2906.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.5 KB ID:	1388841 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2903.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.2 KB ID:	1388842 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2901.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.9 KB ID:	1388843 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2898.jpg Views:	0 Size:	107.9 KB ID:	1388845 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2897.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.9 KB ID:	1388846
                                Attached Files

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Working...
                                X