No announcement yet.

Interesting Stuff Findings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They made those in AWD too. Don't know if that ever existed with a 5 speed though. They are kinda neat machines, and agreed about being superior to it's replacement. Ranger based vs Taurus based. It was basically an Explorer with a different body.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
      https://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/d...063158813.html

A stick Aerostar... heard they exist... never seen one. This one is local and cheap IMO. I like the Pre-92 Aerostar. They are not quite 70’s if this vans rocking, don’t come knockin, but not the 90’s jelly bean vans.

Although the Cragar SS wheels...

I need more garage space. I’d rock this daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That's awesome. The car I remember most growing up was the '89 Aerostar my parents bought new. It would have been a stick if my mom was able to drive one. It had the AM radio in it. Spartan as hell. I miss that van.
      —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
      1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
      1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

my neighbor's kid at the old place had one for awhile, the starter went out, and he'd park on the small hill pointing down so he could bump-start it
        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I'd rock that van just because 5 speed. One of the many models my Dad got to help produce out at the Hazelwood Ford plant. I'll have to ask him if he ever saw an AWD 5-speed come down the line.
          These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

The Chevy Astro / GMC Safari also existed in AWD form. Wiki says they could be had with a manual, no idea if both manual and AWD came together on those either. Similar basic concept with those though, it was an S10 Blazer with a different body. The Chrysler minivans in the early days also could be had with a manual, and with a turbo 4. Those were basically a grown up K car though, not based on a truck.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I’d rock an GMC Safari. One of the later ones.

I did some tune up work on a 1991 Aerostar 4.0/AWD. No slick weather action but I bet it would go. Edit: it was an auto. Moved decently though.
              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I had an Eddie Bauer Aerostar for a hot minute. 3.55 LSD and all-seasons and it was a beast in the snow. I'm looking for another daily, hmmm, this may give me some ideas...
                '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Headlig...YAAOSwS5ReQgJG

NOS aero CV headlight.

I’d daily an Aero HPP. Maybe I need this myself.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-Ford-C...UAAOSw4ipeek1Y

Been looking for a rust free one owner wagon in fair shape? Tow package too... if I was in the market, I’d need to check this one out a little further. Not giving it away but it’s reasonable if the condition is good. I bet that white paint is single stage, and to look like that at this point, it’s lived in the garage for a good portion of its life.

I really like white Country Squires on turbines. I think it’s the brochure car factor that does that. Kind of like how I like Azure Blue 03-04 Mach 1’s.
                    Last edited by Tiggie; 03-25-2020, 12:39 PM.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Very nice wagon from the SF bay area. (Fremont) It had to be taken care of mechanically to stay on the road in SF this long. Smog regulations are tough up there. If it was a 351 with a VV it would have been junked or sent to Mexico long ago. It more than likely stayed in a garage. Bay area vehicles do rust in time. Someone will buy it pretty quick.

Comment

An eBay and moderately priced AOD-specific 2150...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcraft-...MAAOSwZ3JefRL~

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Since the car is 30 years old I think it now is smog exempt in CA. They raised the exemption from 25-30 a few years ago. I think the only catch is when a new owner buys the car, it has to pass smog one time. Maybe it has to be kept stock until then ?

Comment

2000 service manuals cheap:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-FORD-C...kAAOSws~NeaEvK

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Some Facebook finds today.
                              Buy rollback, get free box?
                              https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...7842374158980/

Cheap running wagon. It’s less rusty than my 88. Virginia inspection so it may not be as rusty as WV cars are usually.
                              https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...9418659822547/

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                                Some Facebook finds today.
                                Buy rollback, get free box?
                                https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...7842374158980/
                                Fun note: That LTD has the small rear sway bar.

My Cars:
                                -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                                -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                                -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                                -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X