Rejection inspection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rejection inspection

My 1997 Marquis got an inspection but I changed my battery about a month earlier and now the monitors are not ready. This is really driving me nuts. Is there a way to expedite this process. I just spent 2 days just driving this car around and still 4 monitors not ready. Please help!!

Normally that stuff resets within 50 miles. What isn't ready after a month?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

There are several individual monitors that must complete testing to pass. If we knew which specific monitors were incomplete it would help.

Did the inspector tell you which ones were incomplete and do you have a code reader available to you?

Does autozone or any similar place offer a free read?
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

It needs temp cycles as well. Should be 8 temp cycles IIRC. This means full warm up and closed loop driving for a while. Then you need to have it cool down below closed loop temps. This should take 4 days of normal driving typically. (to work, from work routines)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Hello I finally found the specific for monitors that are not resetting for me on this 97 Marquis it is the catalyst monitor the EVAP monitor the oxygen sensor monitor and the oxygen sensor heater monitor if you could give me help with these anyway would be totally appreciate it cuz I'm pulling my hair out with this thank you and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
            Hello I finally found the specific for monitors that are not resetting for me on this 97 Marquis it is the catalyst monitor the EVAP monitor the oxygen sensor monitor and the oxygen sensor heater monitor if you could give me help with these anyway would be totally appreciate it cuz I'm pulling my hair out with this thank you and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year
            ...How... how is the new guy posting from JayWish's account? It doesn't sound like Jay. WTAF is going on?!?
            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I saw some strange posts from Jay's account the other day too. Looked at it and the IP address seems logical but something definitely seems off
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

You guys are right I have been making strange posts but y'all should expect that on occasion from me. I will attempt to resume my normal posts as soon as possible.

The info here is from mgm6397. So have at the monitor issue.

I can't for the life of me remember how much fuel should be in the tank for the EVAP monitor to set.
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

I'm guessing PM sort of deal where you figured someone else might be better suited to answer the question. That would explain the post in this thread, I was also wondering what was going on. Anyway, I'll butt out now, I don't actually have anything useful to add for the OP.
                  Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                  ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                  ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
                  X