Wiper Motor wire kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiper Motor wire kit

Anyone have the FoMoCo p/n to enable a wiper motor (two wire) to be utilized on a wiper motor with one wire.
    in essence to use a motor from '87 up on my '86.

Thanks.

F4PU-14A614-EA

This is the kit that came with my replacement motor. Just be advised that you’ll probably need an EVTM to install it since the wire colors don’t match. The catalog says it fits, but the kit instructions say it’s for a Taurus/Sable or Lincoln Continental.
    —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

John do you mean the Electrical Vacuume soft covered book?
      Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
      F4PU-14A614-EA

This is the kit that came with my replacement motor. Just be advised that you’ll probably need an EVTM to install it since the wire colors don’t match. The catalog says it fits, but the kit instructions say it’s for a Taurus/Sable or Lincoln Continental.

Comment

Did you get the motor from Cardone??
        F4PU-14A614-EA

Comment

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
          John do you mean the Electrical Vacuume soft covered book?
          Originally posted by Toploader View Post
          Did you get the motor from Cardone??
          Yes, that book. I got the Motorcraft WMV471KRM kit. It comes with the required wire kit.
          —John

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)

Comment

John I found Cardone reman motor #40-278....for my '86. Could not find kit # WT-5671 (F4PZ-14A411-B) for the '87 motor???
            Yes, that book. I got the Motorcraft WMV471KRM kit. It comes with the required wire kit.

Comment

I was under the impression that ‘79-‘86 and ‘87+ got different wiper motors. The 40-278 shows to be for the ‘79-‘86 and other Ford models. You probably wouldn’t even need a wiring kit to run it.
              —John

Comment

Yes you are correct, from '87 up the motor is a two wire....I had the p/n for the wire kit only but can not find it now:-(
                I was under the impression that ‘79-‘86 and ‘87+ got different wiper motors. The 40-278 shows to be for the ‘79-‘86 and other Ford models. You probably wouldn’t even need a wiring kit to run it.

Comment

Working...
                X