Strange noise under dash....related to wiper motor problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange noise under dash....related to wiper motor problems

Anyone know why I am getting some kind of buzzing noise from under the steering col when my wipers do not park correctly?
    I may have to finally get a new motor and the separate unit that controls the intermittent wiper action.
    Any clues?

probably the intermittant wiper module. It gets stupid when the wipers jam. If the motor is actually bad, replace that and see what it gets you. If it works but doesn't park, possibly its just crap in the cowl area jamming it up.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

....what do you suggest if the module is n/g? D9AZ-17C476-A is the p/n of said module, and sadly not available anywhere:-(
      Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      probably the intermittant wiper module. It gets stupid when the wipers jam. If the motor is actually bad, replace that and see what it gets you. If it works but doesn't park, possibly its just crap in the cowl area jamming it up.

Comment

I really don't know what else to tell you short of ebay or a junkyard run. That said, I've never seen a bad one. If the motor is bad, fix that problem first and see what happens. If the motor's internal switches don't work properly the intermittent doesn't work either. Mine went stupid once and it just ran in low constantly, wouldn't park or shut off. Hit a bump and it fixed itself. That was like 8 years ago and it hasn't given me grief since. No idea what that was about but I figure someday the original 200k m ile 1986 motor is going to stop working again for good.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

OK!.....off to order a motor and continue to drain the wallet
          Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          I really don't know what else to tell you short of ebay or a junkyard run. That said, I've never seen a bad one. If the motor is bad, fix that problem first and see what happens. If the motor's internal switches don't work properly the intermittent doesn't work either. Mine went stupid once and it just ran in low constantly, wouldn't park or shut off. Hit a bump and it fixed itself. That was like 8 years ago and it hasn't given me grief since. No idea what that was about but I figure someday the original 200k m ile 1986 motor is going to stop working again for good.

Comment

Working...
          X