PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: 1987 LTD Crown Victoria wagon in Sherman, TX - $3000

Default 1987 LTD Crown Victoria wagon in Sherman, TX - $3000

Ad says it's an S, but it at least has rear defrost, trip minder, cruise control, and power locks. Looks fairly spartan other than that. Many pictures.

https://texoma.craigslist.org/cto/d/...782939360.html

From the ad: "I picked this 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria up from a small dealer in Texarkana two years ago where the car has been since first owner. It is a fleet model with no features but a solid body and no visible rust. It has been super dependable to me and it inspired me to buy a second more optioned one, but having two of the same car is kind of redundant so I am selling this one. It is solid and never let me down, but it has led a rough life before getting to me. Previous owner added a class 1 hitch and four pin trailer connector. I've carfaxed it and the mileage adds up correctly to be about 159K miles (this odometer doesn't have the 100,000 digit). The only damage the car has is on the front passenger door from the dealer that I bought it from, which was quite a shock when I went to buy it as the thing had no damage in the pictures THEY gave me!

I have added / replaced the following. I prefer to keep my vehicles full stock so don't expect any horrible shenanigans under the hood/dash:

>New Smog Pump
    >New AC Compressor / Evaporator
    >Ford era-correct Digital Clock (The car came with none from the factory)
    >New upper radiator return hose and bypass hose.
    >Whitewall tires are four years old, with about 15K miles on them.
    >Vacuum actuated parking break release.
    >New headlights
    >Upgraded the radio to the same model with a tape deck

Please keep in mind that this is a fleet vehicle. It features no right hand mirror. It has woven vinyl seats, hubcaps, crank windows (except for the three way tailgate window) and no power antenna. It appears to have a slight oil leak from the valve covers."

óJohn

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017)
    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Man it has a good look to it without the bits on the roof.

Maybe if it had any paint left and no dents it be worth checking out.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

I’m surprised you could still get one without a passenger side mirror by ‘87.

My Cars:
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (323K Miles) - The Hideaway & April 2017 POTM Winner
    -1989 Sable LS Wagon (88,710 Miles) - Sold
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (210K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

No chrome trim around the side glass. Definitely low budget. If it was closer I would consider buying it and making a hearse out of it. WagonMan
    1990 Colony Park
    1970 HEMI Superbird

I really like the roof rack delete as well. I’ve seen a few early Panther era without, but not as late as 87.

They were smart to order the power locks. Wagons are a pain without them. I swear I have the only one ever with manual locks and ATC.
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, former lawn ornament
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

It has the step pad on the rear bumper, but it doesn't have the mother-in-law seats. WagonMan
    1990 Colony Park
    1970 HEMI Superbird

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Not a tripminder, thats the digital clock. Still an option though. Cloth split bench seats were also an option, super basic was vinyl solid bench.

Also can't say I've ever seen one without a passenger side mirror. I didn't even know that was a delete-option. personally I think I'd trade the clock for another mirror.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    Not a tripminder, thats the digital clock. Still an option though. Cloth split bench seats were also an option, super basic was vinyl solid bench.

Also can't say I've ever seen one without a passenger side mirror. I didn't even know that was a delete-option. personally I think I'd trade the clock for another mirror.
    Actually realized on a closer look that it was just a clock and that the owner installed it himself. Turns out it was also a clock delete car. Wonder if he kept the delete plate.

I think it would be worth a look if I was in the market. I'll bet he's flexible on the price.
    óJohn

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017)
    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)