1987 LTD Crown Victoria wagon in Sherman, TX - $3000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 LTD Crown Victoria wagon in Sherman, TX - $3000

Ad says it's an S, but it at least has rear defrost, trip minder, cruise control, and power locks. Looks fairly spartan other than that. Many pictures.

https://texoma.craigslist.org/cto/d/...782939360.html

From the ad: "I picked this 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria up from a small dealer in Texarkana two years ago where the car has been since first owner. It is a fleet model with no features but a solid body and no visible rust. It has been super dependable to me and it inspired me to buy a second more optioned one, but having two of the same car is kind of redundant so I am selling this one. It is solid and never let me down, but it has led a rough life before getting to me. Previous owner added a class 1 hitch and four pin trailer connector. I've carfaxed it and the mileage adds up correctly to be about 159K miles (this odometer doesn't have the 100,000 digit). The only damage the car has is on the front passenger door from the dealer that I bought it from, which was quite a shock when I went to buy it as the thing had no damage in the pictures THEY gave me!

I have added / replaced the following. I prefer to keep my vehicles full stock so don't expect any horrible shenanigans under the hood/dash:

>New Smog Pump
    >New AC Compressor / Evaporator
    >Ford era-correct Digital Clock (The car came with none from the factory)
    >New upper radiator return hose and bypass hose.
    >Whitewall tires are four years old, with about 15K miles on them.
    >Vacuum actuated parking break release.
    >New headlights
    >Upgraded the radio to the same model with a tape deck

Please keep in mind that this is a fleet vehicle. It features no right hand mirror. It has woven vinyl seats, hubcaps, crank windows (except for the three way tailgate window) and no power antenna. It appears to have a slight oil leak from the valve covers."

—John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Man it has a good look to it without the bits on the roof.

Maybe if it had any paint left and no dents it be worth checking out.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I’m surprised you could still get one without a passenger side mirror by ‘87.

My Cars:
      -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
      -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
      -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
      -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

No chrome trim around the side glass. Definitely low budget. If it was closer I would consider buying it and making a hearse out of it. WagonMan
        89 Colony Park
        90 Colony Park
        70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

I really like the roof rack delete as well. I’ve seen a few early Panther era without, but not as late as 87.

They were smart to order the power locks. Wagons are a pain without them. I swear I have the only one ever with manual locks and ATC.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

It has the step pad on the rear bumper, but it doesn't have the mother-in-law seats. WagonMan
            89 Colony Park
            90 Colony Park
            70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Not a tripminder, thats the digital clock. Still an option though. Cloth split bench seats were also an option, super basic was vinyl solid bench.

Also can't say I've ever seen one without a passenger side mirror. I didn't even know that was a delete-option. personally I think I'd trade the clock for another mirror.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                Not a tripminder, thats the digital clock. Still an option though. Cloth split bench seats were also an option, super basic was vinyl solid bench.

Also can't say I've ever seen one without a passenger side mirror. I didn't even know that was a delete-option. personally I think I'd trade the clock for another mirror.
                Actually realized on a closer look that it was just a clock and that the owner installed it himself. Turns out it was also a clock delete car. Wonder if he kept the delete plate.

I think it would be worth a look if I was in the market. I'll bet he's flexible on the price.
                —John

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)

Comment

New member here. I was browsing the classifieds when I stumbled upon this thread.

I actually ended up buying this wagon for $2k. I needed something to drive my husky around town in... and I've always wanted an old box panther wagon. It has no rust and I've already put about 400 miles on her without any major issues. Replaced all the fluids & the brake master cylinder. It has factory 3.27 rear gears, so its a not too slow lol.

It needs a major bath. Here's a few pics:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

My husky fits nicely in the rear of the wagon:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I love this thing lol. Seriously, I haven't grinned this much just cruising around town in a very long time. I'll start a build thread on her sometime.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Alice87; 02-04-2019, 02:47 AM. Reason: pictures
                  1987 slick top Wagon

Search "photobucket embed fix" to remove watermark from photos

Comment

A lot more dog friendly than a GTO. Nice score. Enjoy it.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Welcome! Glad it went to an appreciative home.

Check the bushing on the throttle body that attaches to the cable to the transmission, commonly called a TV bushing. If it’s plastic, get a brass replacement. They are brittle and spell death to the transmission if it breaks and is driven.
                      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Very cool, welcome to the site!
                        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Welcome!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Nice! Welcome! I like to peruse local stuff on Craigslist that I'll never be able to buy. Nice to see something like this go to a good owner.
                            —John

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! It's definitely much more spacious and smooth riding than my goat for sure lol.

I’ll check the throttle bushing asap; thanks for the heads up.
                              1987 slick top Wagon

Search "photobucket embed fix" to remove watermark from photos

Comment

Working...
                              X