Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

351W Engine Mount Bolt/Thread Size?

1/2" - 13?

ARP engine mount bolts I got are unidentifiable at the moment. My ARP bolts thread half-way and bind up. The engine mount bolts I took off of the lopo are 1/2" - 13 and thread right into the 351W engine mount holes. Gonna go to my local hardware store and get the hardest bolt of that size. Just want to confirm though, before I do so.

I'd just take the one that threads in to the store. They'll match it up.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Pretty sure the stock bolts are flange head, which the hardware store is not likely to have. McMaster-Carr has them, or Fastenal may. If they don't they should be able to order them in. Just match the stock hardware. Or re-use the original hardware since its not something that really goes bad.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I can get a hardened washer with my bolts; would that work? That's what I have been doing with most of the other hardware.

Comment

Never knew ARP made engine mount bolts, and I ordered just about all of their parts I could for my 408. I reused stock hardware for the mount and it's held just fine

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
          '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
          '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

I suppose a washer would work in place of the flanged head, but its definitely not as easy to install. The flanged heads usually have teeth to help hold them too, which isn't a bad thing.

guessing ARP doesn't sell them for that task, it just happens to be a bolt they make that fits the hole.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X