1982 Mark VI steering wheel, column? Driver Interior Door Panel Cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 Mark VI steering wheel, column? Driver Interior Door Panel Cream

Hey, the bakelite steering wheel in my Mark VI is all cracked, wobbles slightly (only if you're trying to flex it/push on it). So I really need to find a replacement. The newer TC ones 84-87? are that rubbery vinyl or whatever plastic I think, and the cruise buttons are in the wrong location IIRC. Don't know if it'd be better to get a whole column to go with it (and keys) because the column in my car is all bleached/powdery looking and the turn signal stalks are starting to peel/ flake on the shaft.

Driver door panel arm rest is cracking too. I remember seeing someone post an '80-83 Mark VI pic they just found in a yard recently, so I'm hoping the parts are still there, it was the same buttercream/yellow paint and possibly interior, I'm hoping. I can't find the thread/picture.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

An 83-84 Panther can provide you with the newer style steering wheel with the older splined mounting. What color is your steering wheel? Your center trim will swap in place of the horn stuff on the later wheel.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Not sure if I want the later Rubber/Vinyl steering wheel. There's actually a NOS TC wheel from '85 or so with the buttons on the lower spokes (wrong location) instead of the upper spokes that would match color closely maybe (its a tan color) for $300 pic: car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi
      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
        Not sure if I want the later Rubber/Vinyl steering wheel. There's actually a NOS TC wheel from '85 or so with the buttons on the lower spokes (wrong location) instead of the upper spokes that would match color closely maybe (its a tan color) for $300 pic: car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi
        Sorry, basically search 1982-87 Town Car steering wheel, all locations

Comment

Eh, that may be all wrong anyway. I dunno. Hence the 'pleaz halp' thread and I know I saw a junkyard parts Mark VI picture on here probably in the right color fairly recently.

Comment

It was me.

EZ pull in new ringgold PA...you know the place.

Im thinking it had a blue interior....though I dont know for certain. The top of dash does not look blue????? Drivers side door panel was pulled off. Someone was getting to the innards of that door.
            Attached Files
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
            X