Check Air Suspension light with rear susp swapped to coil springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check Air Suspension light with rear susp swapped to coil springs

My MGM had the rear air suspension swapped for coil springs before I bought it.
    So, up until now, I tolerated the result of a lazy man's job on it - the Check Air Suspension *ding!* light on the dash.

NEVERMOAR! Time to get it sorted out. I got under the car and in the trunk - there are no air lines, so at least a part of the system has been deleted up to the compressor, which I believe is under the hood. The compressor switch in the trunk is OFF. Other than that, it's all unclear to me.

The way I see it the control function for the air spring expects an "OK" signal from a sender at the compressor / pressure switch / air valve (?) and gets none; hence the *DING!* on my dash.
    Other than getting someone with a diagnostic tool for the Panthers and disabling this pesky light, the usual walkaround is — at least in GM vehicles — to fool it with a resistor bridging the end of the line that sends the air spring fault signal and kill the fault indication. I'd only need to know how to do this on a Panther.

Ideas, gentlemen?
    '00 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, Silver Frost, the "Sharona": runs, drives and currently with mods in progress
    '96 Chrysler Grand Voyager LE 3.3 V6
    "You obviously have not been introduced to the ASTM Guidance for Profanity Gauging of Technical Services, Addendum#1, American English to Polish Scale Conversion, by which a repair done at a rate of 35 kurwas per 5 minutes means normal performance."

There's a way to wire the switch wires to ground or something to eliminate that light. I don't remember which ones do the job, but the information is here, and someone will probably help you shortly.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

The light is on because the switch is off. If you turn it on, it should come on because it senses the missing parts, or it will come on when the ride height doesn't trim after whatever the internal timer is set to.

There is a wire you have to disconnect in order to turn the light off, but I don't know which one. What year is the car?
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Here's something for up to 2002:

https://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/...2581337&page=1

Dunno about later years.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
        mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Mine is 2000, LS.
          '00 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, Silver Frost, the "Sharona": runs, drives and currently with mods in progress
          '96 Chrysler Grand Voyager LE 3.3 V6
          "You obviously have not been introduced to the ASTM Guidance for Profanity Gauging of Technical Services, Addendum#1, American English to Polish Scale Conversion, by which a repair done at a rate of 35 kurwas per 5 minutes means normal performance."

Comment

Working...
          X