Small fuse/relay box OEM look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small fuse/relay box OEM look?

I am looking to find any info around a compact relay/fuse box available from JY cars. Kinda looking for a few fuses and maybe a couple of relays.

I will likely be installing something that needs a fused source and I think my p.side fuse box (I have converted to areo fuse box)is maxed out not to mention I dont want to run it all the way there when the item in question will be mounted right under the brake booster.

I have the fancy Lincoln bracket that bolts to the air boxs' rear most studs and originally holds a set of four relays. I will be likely using that bracket/modifying it to work with some fuse/relay box that is not too big.

Below you can see the 4 banger relay box behind the air box....that is the location I will be installing a new relay/fuse box if I can find one...

This is the location on my car where I would like to stab it all.identical to the Lincoln location..just behind the air box.

I like factory looking add ons as you may tell (for the most part) from my engine bay picture. Any help,suggestion and tip are appreciated.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

This is something along the lines of what I am after:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MICTUNING-1...iY:rk:144:pf:0

Price is hard to beat too. JY would want 10 bucks for fuse box....
    ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Not a bad price, and with the terminals you can make it completely custom rather than having to splice anything. Do you have one of the crimp tools that makes the M crimp for those style terminals? If not they're not too spendy. I have one that I use with OE type terminals for fixing stuff.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Here's that same bugger on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/MICTUNING-12-...dp/B075M4PRG2/

$20 for the waterproof version. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MR64XK1/

Amazon has several options: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...ox%2Caps%2C171

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

extra few bucks for waterproof seems like a good value.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Well I have a proper crimp tool with multiple dies on the way now.

I agree, that waterproof one is a great deal but the orientation of it will not work for me. Luckily I dont do any underwater driving or any water driving so it won’t make a difference. Stock ford one from aero models are non waterproof. I think I will be just fine. I placed an order for the non waterproof box and we’ll see how she goes. Just a little bracket would need to be fabbed up holding the new fuse box and I will weld that to the stock lincoln bracket and it should all sit the way I want it to.

Still open to oem suggestions anyone may come up with.
            ~David~

Comment

I did notice when I was at the yard last that later model OBS F-150s have a much larger fuse box than a panther. Might be something to look into.
              —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
              1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
              1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
              1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Maybe that is something I should have started with, a larger fuse/relay box to begin with. No way in heck I will be pulling out whats there and replacing it with something larger. My aero one just fits as is. I also like the idea of having some fuses/relays available to me on the other side of the engine bay.
                ~David~

Comment

late Cougar fuse box is also rather large. Uses the smaller form factor relays though, but they're common now.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

That MICtuning fusebox looks nice, even more amazingly, only $17 canuck bucks at amazon canada.

The only small autowreckers fuse box I've ever seen is the secondary one out of the 91+ panthers. The only other small, rectangular box without oddball moldings would be the in-cabin late model panther box (18 mini fuse locations, 6 large, one relay).

Comment

It is quite nice actually. I started working with it today:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post824904
                      ~David~

Comment

Finally completed. I think it fit the bill nicely. Just what I was after. The kit is pretty damn nice too. Very happy with final out come.

You can see it just behind the air box:

~David~

Comment

Looks like it was made for that spot.

Alex.

Comment

Working...
                          X