new carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new carb

Id like to replace my old two barrel carb with a holley, can someone tell me a part number for a two barrel holley carb, and whatever else I need to buy to make it work on a 302, thanks
    Last edited by 1985crownvicltd85; 01-07-2019, 06:08 PM.

IIRC, the 2150 Holley was a common replacement unit on VV carb cars. Not sure what additional linkages might be necessary for the AOD however.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

I’d consider just rebuilding the original carb if that’s an option for you. Cheaper and equal performance, 2-bbl to 2-bbl
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

There is no Holley with the rod style AOD TV linkage. You could use a cable and the brackets from a 1990-1991 Panther.

Comment

Autolite 2150 with TV Rod linkage. A little hard to find. When i couldnt find one for sale I had to piece together linkages into my 2150 to make it work. I'll be selling mine soon if you can't find one.
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
            There is no Holley with the rod style AOD TV linkage. You could use a cable and the brackets from a 1990-1991 Panther.
            Like this?

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
            '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
            '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

do u guys think this will work? https://www.amazon.ca/Carburetor-Bar...QbL&ref=plSrch

Comment

The linkage is wrong for the TV rod. The rod is an oddball setup. it is NOT a kickdown linkage, and the geometry has to be precise so the trans doesnt burn up. Rockauto has some rebuilt units still for sale I'll attach a picture with the part numbers

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 8.43.54 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	1284978

* Based on the pictures, the first two will work, however the third will not.
                Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 01-09-2019, 09:47 PM.
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Are you looking to replace it to fix some problem, or just to change the brand of the carb?
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

at this point id just like to change it because the car sat without much driving and I dont think the carb has ever been changed, Id like to rebuild it but at this point its quicker for me just to replace it. Originally i wanted a holley but ill just take what works best for this stock setup

Comment

Finding a replacement is tricky since you need one with the AOD provision.
                      Try your hand at rebuilding it if you have a couple hours. Grab a kit and two cans of good carb cleaner - I use https://www.amazon.com/Berkebile-Oil.../dp/B000CII6JM. My local Napa carries it and it’s cheaper there. Compressed air is handy as well, to blow things out. You could get a can if it if you don’t have an air compressor.
                      They are pretty simple inside. Basically take it apart and clean what you can, then reassemble. Most kits include basic directions.
                      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

From what I understand Holly Carb no longer makes the VV replacement but if you find one in a junkyard try and get the rebuild kit or look for the direct replacement from Ford.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0276.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	1285120
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by 1985crownvicltd85; 02-25-2019, 07:44 PM.

Comment

here are some pictures, i just want to get the exact same carb as this one

Comment

Would an Autoline c8152a carb work?

Comment

Working...
                              X