Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 9007 headlight wiring & relay upgrade kit... buy or have a member make one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 9007 headlight wiring & relay upgrade kit... buy or have a member make one?

My 2000 MGM really needs this. I read on CrownVic.net that bigger gauge wiring with 20-Amp fuses and separate relays really improves the luminous output of the headlights, for the factory wiring is a bad joke that can kill the relays on the LCM.

While I've read this thread:
    https://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/...rue#Post307989
    ...and I can read and understand wiring diagrams, and solder wiring, I'd really like a plug-and-play kit for the 9007 bulbs.

There are commercially available 9007 HW&R upgrade kits, like this one: https://puredieselpower.com/ford/900...s-upgrade.html
    Would it fit? There are 9007 connectors alright, but I don't know what is the actual wire gauge on this thing (the writeup for the upgrade says 10 or 12 AWG). I also don't like the bulb connectors on this one, they look and feel kinda cheap and not really weatherproof. I wouldn't want to rewire it, for if I really had to, I'd make my upgrade kit on my own - though I lack the time (and Metri-Pacs, LOL).

I know that people make those kits from quality parts (weatherproof fuse holders, relays with good bases, sealed Metri-Pac connectors, proper wiring gauge etc.). I'd like to have it made, and for good ol' U.S. dollars (or Canadian dollars). I know that BH1976 from CrownVic.net makes those, there are other people (like Painless mentioned in the first link) who can do this; perhaps there are people on GrandMarq.net who can do this too? (I can register on CrownVic.net, if needed, haha).
    Last edited by SpitShine_PL; 01-08-2019, 03:12 AM.
    '00 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, Silver Frost, the "Sharona": runs, drives and currently with mods in progress
    '96 Chrysler Grand Voyager LE 3.3 V6
    "You obviously have not been introduced to the ASTM Guidance for Profanity Gauging of Technical Services, Addendum#1, American English to Polish Scale Conversion, by which a repair done at a rate of 35 kurwas per 5 minutes means normal performance."
Working...
X