PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IM a noob, mods, what do yall think?

That's because you were used to stock mediocre LoPo performance haha. Had you installed a better cam, it probably would have been even better. I don't understand the appeal of trying to make a drag racer out of a cruise car. Just had my Town Car out the other day to chauffer my special lady friend around and the LoPo was fabulous, you guys need to stop being in a hurry.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

I'm starting to come around to that way of thinking at times. I enjoy driving my slow-ass diesel more than I ever expected to.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

I post a lot... knucklehead0202's Avatar

Nah, slow is boring. With the big tires and apparently working trac-loc, this pile won't even do a burnout. I don't want a supercar, just something i can rip around in a bit. Just like 500hp or so. The LoPo moves these turds around admirably, but is dreadfully boring. When the fan is louder than the exhaust, it's a dud in my book.

Thats why you need side pipes, or side exit exhaust, or atleast a dump https://youtu.be/5Z5bzzqtVAA

Quote Originally Posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
    Nah, slow is boring. With the big tires and apparently working trac-loc, this pile won't even do a burnout. I don't want a supercar, just something i can rip around in a bit. Just like 500hp or so. The LoPo moves these turds around admirably, but is dreadfully boring. When the fan is louder than the exhaust, it's a dud in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by 85LTDCrownHip View Post
    Thats why you need side pipes, or side exit exhaust, or atleast a dump https://youtu.be/5Z5bzzqtVAA
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

The silence is probably what I enjoy most about the diesel. Also if you've ever heard a loud diesel engine, it sounds like someone is trying to anally rape a giraffe.

5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

I post a lot... knucklehead0202's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    The silence is probably what I enjoy most about the diesel. Also if you've ever heard a loud diesel engine, it sounds like someone is trying to anally rape a giraffe.
    I'll admit i've never seen/heard giraffe rape but i've heard shitty-sounding diesels. I also will not be putting side pipes on my car. I don't want obnoxious noise, just beefy, throaty v8. I already have an exhaust system that sounded pretty good on the other car. It'll likely be much quieter on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    I might sound dumb. But I can assure you, my vic is a little bit louder than my fan.

I think it’s cool you are having fun with it and working on it.

When I first got my car I worked on it endlessly. Some good some bad but it all was fun. I look back and wish I may have done things differently, better or not at all but I had fun.

You do what you want to your car and have fun with it.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

yeah Ill be doing all that I want until HOA tells me it cant be in my drive way, already happend once, it needs paint because right now its a "Junk" car. It makes me furious that some old moms think that a strong healthy Crown Vic with a bad paint job is "Junk". Same thing happend to my dad '54 Ford Customline. He swapped in a 351C from a 71 Montego, fully built the motor, large cam and everything runs like a champ, but HOA said it too is a "Junk" Car. Makes me mad sometimes, but thats life

And this is why I made sure that the house I bought was NOT in an HOA.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Good choice, but its hard to avoid when you live in suberbia

HOA can bite me. I don't live in one either. I do live next to an asshat but at least he's just one asshat, not a formally organized group of them.

HOAs suck.

That said, I want to move somewhere where I can see no one and no one sees me! Live in an non HOA subdivision now and cant hoard as much as Id like if no one was watching.
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, former lawn ornament
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

fomoco panthers !

Can you put antique plates on it ? Might make the HOA ease up. I lived in a HOA for a few years. Lucky for me we lived on a corner and there were "extra" parking spaces across the street on the side of our house. Used it for parking about 4-5 of my cars. When I worked on my cars, they went in the garage, sometimes with the door closed. I just had to keep the cars in the extra parking clean.
    Does the HOA allow car covers ? That would be another option.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12