PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Crown Shit. The never ending story.

ok yeah they were just coated steel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LF line is bent and flared, waiting until it's dry again to put it on. i really hope the RF line is going to go ok in one piece, and i hope i made it long enough this time.

Lines are completely done. Still just a tad soft, though i think that's how it was right before the line blew, only bled 3 calipers then, just bled the fronts this time because i didn't want to get all 4 wheels off. gonna drive about 10 miles to my vocational class, re-bleed all 4 brakes, then drive another 10 back to my home school. Fingers crossed.

plugged in those O2 sensors again too, check engine light is still there, are these OBD2? or are they still OBD1? i'm almost positive it might still be some O2 sensor related problem but i would like to be sure.

and the speedo works! did a half ass job with the repair but it works for now and therefore, i don't complain.

and i forgot to put the TC inspection cover back on, the one that goes here

should i put that on real quick before taking it out? can it wait about 10 miles?

“Let ‘Er rip tater chip”

You are fine to go 10 miles without the inspection cover.
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, former lawn ornament
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

how quickly can plans change...

decided it's probably a better idea to give it a couple days of 5+ mile trips instead of jumping back to my normal commutes.

it's gone about 9 miles today, drives good and all.

funny, I keep getting scared because of all the white smoke but I keep remembering about the seafoam in the tank. It's also loud. really loud. But that's fine, I'm not worried about it for now.

I post a lot...

just keep an eye on the coolant expansion tank levels. After a few trips (full heat and cool cycles) you should see its normal high level and its normal low level. Coolant loss after it has stabilized would be a concern.
    "X" car 89 Colony Park LS Mods>Engine delete, SS duals magnaflow hflow cats, 2010 Must GT mufflers, auto air shocks, Posi, Tran cooler, big front brakes, 03+ rear disks, Large 3g alt, Tripminder, GS grill, 86 seats, 16" HPP wheels, winter boots=96 Cartier wheels, 215-65/16 Goodyear ULTRA GW3 snows, pi rear sway, alum driveshaft.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer, Silver Stars, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector.
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated Cooper Zeon RS3-A, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

ok so every other time i go to start the car the CEL flashes. Other times it's just a solid light, I definitely notice a little bit of a difference when it's flashing too. Probably going to take it to O'reillys or autozone and figure out what's missing later.

I do know that a cylinder is missing when it's flashing, did a little research this time lol.

And my half-assed speedo fix went out on me this morning. Nice.

Coolant overflow is low too, not surprised. It sat for awhile and I never really paid attention to that until the first time I took it for a test run, don't think it's gone down since then so I'm not complaining yet.

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstang View Post
    it's gone about 9 miles today, drives good and all.

funny, I keep getting scared because of all the white smoke but I keep remembering about the seafoam in the tank. It's also loud. really loud. But that's fine, I'm not worried about it for now.
    I've never known sea foam to create white smoke by running it in the gas tank. Please, do not put that shit down the vacuum line for the brake booster or any of that other nonsense. It does not clean like advertised and the smoke you're seeing is simply the byproduct of that shit getting burned in the combustion chamber. BG44K is what I run once a year in my Town Car and it does make a difference.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    I've never known sea foam to create white smoke by running it in the gas tank. Please, do not put that shit down the vacuum line for the brake booster or any of that other nonsense. It does not clean like advertised and the smoke you're seeing is simply the byproduct of that shit getting burned in the combustion chamber. BG44K is what I run once a year in my Town Car and it does make a difference.
    that's what i was trying to say, that the sea foam is doing its thing. I'm also not completely positive but i might've heard it backfire. My mustang does the same thing when i let off around 2000 rpm not all too concerned about that, the CEL seems to flash every OTHER time i take it for a drive from what i'm seeing. I've been running it to temp each and every time i drive it despite how short they may be. gonna replace plugs and wires this weekend... it's in desperate need of a tuneup.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456