No announcement yet.

The Crown Shit. The never ending story.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did the thing where i spliced some line together with the help of my dad to push the fitting on the line...

started leaking from the top as soon as i primer the pump... i'm guessing i just need to push the top on some more, i'll give it another day or so to worry about it just to let it depressurize. just so i don't smell like gas again
    Ray

1997 Crown Victoria LX "Crown Shit"/"Crown Marquis" SENT TOI SCRAP
    1986 Ford Mustang Notchback

Comment

it's been a long couple days... Haven't been able to work on the ol' pile lately.

But there is a box that's been for sale the last two springs in my area, I can post details soon if anyone is interested.
      Ray

Comment

Two springs eh? Probably wants too much and/or it's far too gone but I'll take a look at the listing if there is one.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I'll snag a picture of the car if I can spot it in one of the two spots it sits in after school. I think the guy is asking 4k, claims it's an 88 or something. Haven't looked at it since last year but from what I can remember, it was garage kept in the winter. Other than that I've only seen it on the road maybe twice in the last couple years, looks okay though.
          Ray

Comment

4k is too rich for my blood.

Comment

honestly you could probably talk the guy down, he's been trying to sell it for a couple years now and i'm sure i saw a little bit of rust. i didn't see it parked in either of its two perches today, i'll probably see it in the morning though.
              Ray

Comment

after a few days of trying to get the compression fitting/splicing to NOT LEAK...

i'm just gonna make my way down to the JY and pull off a section of line and the fitting and try to splice it into my lines.

can those retaining clips be re-used? i already slapped the new one on for that side out of excitement. but i haven't driven it since i started this.
                Ray

Comment

If the little barbs on the ends of the clips don't break off when you remove them, yes, you can reuse them. Otherwise they may fall out.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

i have good and bad news...

good: IT RUNS AND DRIVES AGAIN and better than ever! no leaks!

the bad: I'm being pushed to put it up for sale. The car has been a gigantic money pit and we don't really want nor can we keep dumping money into it.
                    Facebook link for anyone interested. https://www.facebook.com/10001127233...335276&sfns=mo

I want to thank everyone for the information and advice contributed for the trans swap and brake line shit, that knowledge is priceless and i'll carry it with me forever. you never know, i'll probably end up with a P71 sometime in the future.
                    Ray

Comment

Never understood that logic. Spend a bunch of money to fix something so its reliable, as soon as that happens its "omg, this cost a lot of money and time, better sell it and get 1/2 of the cash and none of the time back". Its a very non-car person thing to do. My mom's ex husband did that to me as soon as I got finished rebuilding the suspension and brake system on mom's Blazer. Luckily I was able to kill the "better trade it in" thought before it actually happened. I'd have agreed to it before I pumped hundreds of dollars and 3 solid days of work into it.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah... so close to getting it done and probably 50K mile vehicle at that point minimum... probably 100K since the trans is fresh.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

we'll see how well it goes through the next couple weeks. I'm really digging it after having it run like it's supposed to now though.
                          Ray

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            Never understood that logic. Spend a bunch of money to fix something so its reliable, as soon as that happens its "omg, this cost a lot of money and time, better sell it and get 1/2 of the cash and none of the time back". Its a very non-car person thing to do. My mom's ex husband did that to me as soon as I got finished rebuilding the suspension and brake system on mom's Blazer. Luckily I was able to kill the "better trade it in" thought before it actually happened. I'd have agreed to it before I pumped hundreds of dollars and 3 solid days of work into it.
                            Originally posted by sly View Post
                            Yeah... so close to getting it done and probably 50K mile vehicle at that point minimum... probably 100K since the trans is fresh.
                            All of this, really. Like why throw away all the history you've made and time you've invested just to buy another used vehicle you have zero history with? Only thing I could understand is if it was because you didn't like the car or wasn't opted the way you want. I don't feel like doing the dash swap, adding a tilt column, cruise or overhauling the A/C on Ashley's F150 so I bought another truck with all that shit already on it. I should've done that from the beginning.

Comment

alright... first drive with the filter...

CEL starts flashing again.

misfire was apparent. again.

i'm just gonna leave this here.

blew a lot of smoke too.
                              Ray

Comment

i also swapped plugs between 5 and 7. 7 looked SIGNIFICANTLY better than 5. didn't get pictures of them either
                                Ray

Comment

Working...
                                X