Views:	1
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	1304826

Click image for larger version

Name:	09kHWHP.jpg
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1304827

my lathe doesn't have the swing to mount the rotor, but I can bore out the spacers easy enough. Haven't run stock rotors in a long time though, and my two Fox cars that do use those rotors run stock wheels.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Nice! Machining things is fun. What wheels you planning to run?
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Problem with boring the ID of the hubcentric part of the spacer is that the wall would end up being about .0075" thick by the time it would fit over the rotor stub. I found some cheap 16" LSC turbines in pretty good shape that were just spray bombed black. my buddy is blasting and powder coating them (it's his actual job, he works for a powder coating company)

Comment

Couldn't you just get the spacers made that fit?

Comment

Still, that hubcentric wall would only be .0075" thick. The pass through diameter on the spacer is 2.545" Stub on the rotor is 2.760" Hub mounting diameter is 2.780" (70.6mm)

Comment

Wheels came back from powdercoat. They look way better than i had thought they would

Click image for larger version

Name:	e7b68YF.jpg
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	1285084

Comment

Looks good. Nice option for LSC wheels that the finish is getting a little ratty on.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Does look nice. Get them installed.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice
                    Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Someone on the LincolnsOnline forum directed me to this thread for help and answers. Is that correct saying that you're in Holland, Mi? Not being creepy, just might need some machine work done and I live in the GR area.

Comment

depends on exactly what you need, i may be able to help. This is just clearance, it's really absolutely not precise. The diameter i turned is not perfectly concentric with the hub diameter. I just slapped it up on the chuck and cut some matl away. If you need precision these junker lathes we have at work probably wont do it.

Comment

Working...
                        X