Dress up kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dress up kit

im thinking about buying this dress up kit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007U...rb_top?ie=UTF8

I was just wondering if i would need to buy anything else to make the pcv system work properly, thanks

Expect to run some new hose for the PCV. Put it on the right rear, which is a different location from stock IIRC. Be sure your PCV valve fits the grommet.

When you get under extended high load low vacuum, you may get some crankcase vapors from the open valve cover breather. They make ones that hook into your air filter (similar to the stock setup), https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-PERFOR...UAAOSwYSRZjeiR. Not mandatory.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Not a fan of the hot air intake setup. The stock air cleaner is fugly but if you have the ducts installed like the factory had them, its a proper cold air intake and will make more power than pulling hot air from the engine bay.

also honestly if those valve covers are as thin as the 70s ones, they're quite likely to leak. The lips bend on them pretty easily, especially without load spreaders. I'm a much bigger fan of cast aluminum covers, they don't distort and create leak points.

I'm really not much on chrome anyway. It gets rusty and crusty. Powdercoat and paint is where its at for low maintenance underhood bits.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

A little blingy, but to each their own.

PCV isn't terribly hard to get set back up with those valve covers, but avoid the passive breathers please. The one Tiggie linked would be good. PCV valve on one valve cover, and the breather with a hose to the air cleaner on the other. Considerably nicer than dealing with oil vapor getting on everything, and typically more effective than passive breathers alone attempting to let the crankcase vent.

My Cars:
        -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
        -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
        -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
        -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

My motto is, if it doesn't add any functional value like increased reliability or ease of service or power, don't waste your money on it. I second gadget's comments.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
          X