rear springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear springs

Im looking to get rear springs for my vic, the rear sits lower than the front, id like to get springs that help the car sit level or atleast have the rear sit slightly higher than the front, any part numbers would be appreciated, thanks

This is the collected wisdom on stock replacement springs

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post158894

Wagon springs will jack the back end up, stock coils make it fairly level. I've not personally had great results with the sedan cargo coils though, they seem to get saggy too quickly.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'll add that while the ride is much better, my brand new sedan cargo coils sit slightly lower than my (original) springs in the front. I'm planning on putting the new springs in the front in a couple months (going to pull the LCAs and replace upper and lower bushings and ball joints at the same time, and motor mounts). When that happens, I may be in the market for now springs (again!) in the rear.

If the ride height is the same with the new (stiffer) front springs, I'll probably just throw in some 1" spring spacers and live with it, which will take me about 1/2" above level in the back.

Comment

Working...
      X