No announcement yet.

Broken Vacuum line casue rough idle/gas smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The valve is supposed to be lodged in the lower intake in a black grommet. It typically doesn't fit snugly for crap though since the rubber is all dried out. They still sell the grommet though, so you can get a new one, put a little ultra black around the lip inside and out and shove it in the lower intake and put the pcv in the middle. Let the RTV cure and it'll stay put.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
      Yeah, something that could be heated up with my heat gun and bent to the factory routing would be neat. (Or improved routing, say in a case where you are relocating solenoids on older boxes, by '91 it all seems pretty optimized.)
      If I can find the motivation, I might pick up some from work and see what can be done with it. I've busted the vacuum feed from the intake to the EGR solenoid and have it repaired with rubber vacuum line, but it would be worth a shot. Got other things to work on, and the current configuration is working, so it's not high on the priority list.

FWIW, I've always liked how neat the '90 and '91 engine bays are. Much less of a mess of wire harnesses and vacuum lines running every direction.

My Cars:
      -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
      -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
      -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
      -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	139A1BFA-C204-4AF7-98CE-AE9166F4F922.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	513.4 KB
ID:	1285054

So I took a pic of the back of the intake. To confirm this is wrong? Lower intake hose is going to the vacuum tree in the fire wall (circled in blue)

Above it circled in yellow is the other vacuum line. Is that supposed to be the line plugged into the vacuum tree on the fire wall?

Comment

So that hose in blue needs to connect to what you have circled. Plastic firewall mounted tree to metal intake pipe tree.

The PCV valve goes to the intake where your blue one was.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thank you! Appreciate you holding my hand through the process , short bus kid lol.

Part of the Problem; which I just relized, was the female end where the PVC plugs into the intake was missing. So I was baffled where it plugged into! I found the female sleeve popped off behind the intake. I reattached the female plastic sleeve to the intake, swapped the hoses, and good to go. Much Obliged.

Comment

does it run better now?
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                does it run better now?
                Yes, back to normal thank goodness. Thanks again !!

Comment

We all have to learn somewhere. We'll get you on the long bus eventually.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                  X