PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2004 LTC: Cruise Control servo/vacuum module

wow... yeah... the old one was roached good.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

looks like it got wet for a long time to corrode like that. Not sure where those sit but I wouldn't expect that to be normal. Maybe someone in a previous life was over-enthusiastic with cleaners and it had a nasty reaction. Looks like its aluminum and harsh de-greasers will corrode aluminum pretty badly.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

It sits on the drivers side fender well in the engine compartment (see post #1). Cruise Control worked when I 1st bought the car in 2011. Worked for the first couple of years, then quit working (on & off) over the course of a couple months. Never attempted to fix it until now (~4 years later). I'm sure the crack allowed moisture into the motor windings way back then, and it's been corroding ever since.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12