Auto lamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto lamp

The auto lamp feature is inoperable on my 97 Marquis it acts only as a headlight switch. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.thank you

possible dead sensor or dead relay or bad wire from the switch or bad switch (not enabling the autolamp in the first place)... or fuse.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Any way I can tell or test?

Comment

Check the fuses first. That's the easiest fix/test. If a fuse is blown, there may be other trouble. Just remembered that the 97 has an LCM (Lighting Control Module). I don't have the testing procedure for the 97 though. I have it for 2000. Not real sure if that will be helpful, though since you need to be able to read the body computer to pull codes and monitor PIDs from the LCM. If you have a USB to OBD-II connector (ELM 327) and a Windows laptop, ForScan (Google it, should be first hit) should be able to read that info. Otherwise you'll need to just to the electrical tests that involve a multimeter.
        PDF
        Last edited by sly; 11-25-2021, 03:24 PM. Reason: Update PDF link

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
        X