Whale MGM Taillight Interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whale MGM Taillight Interchange

Hey guys I have a 99' MGM and I saw a 2010 in the junk yard. Any idea of the tail lights and trunk piece will swap over? Many thanks.

I do not see why not plenty of aftermarket lights are listed from 99-2011
    Yet you may have to grab the sockets and wiring ( I think the number of bulbs and style used changed over the years.
    But please do not go by what I said wait till more knowledgeable people chime in.
    2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

I would take one of yours off and take a picture of the back of it. Compare it to the newer model. There might be more or less mounting holes or they could be in different positions. Wires could be different. I came across this with a box MGM. I did not like drilling holes, so I did not make the change.

Comment

98-02 are direct match. 03-2011 do not have the blinker light across the bottom or even a hole for it. So unless you want to lose your rear blinkers or play heat gun lens swap on the assemblies... You'll have to stick with 98-02.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
          98-02 are direct match. 03-2011 do not have the blinker light across the bottom or even a hole for it. So unless you want to lose your rear blinkers or play heat gun lens swap on the assemblies... You'll have to stick with 98-02.
          Early GMQ just seems to use the lower part of the lens as an additional taillight. I don’t think the later cars did, though. CV had the amber signals in the earlier years where that would be an issue.

My Cars:
          -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
          -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
          -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
          -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Like stated above 1999 used 3 bulbs and 2010 used 2. Physically they will bolt up the same. If you want to make them fit use a dremel to make a third hole. The space for it is there. The fascia should swap over.

Comment

He said Grand Marquis. I've never seen a Grand Marquis with amber rear turn signals. They always used the brake lights. My 98 grand marquis uses the brake lights. Vics on the other hand...

Comment

Hmm lots of good stuff here. Going to go back to the scrap yard and take a closer look. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                  He said Grand Marquis. I've never seen a Grand Marquis with amber rear turn signals. They always used the brake lights. My 98 grand marquis uses the brake lights. Vics on the other hand...
                  Upon looking further, there is a 3rd bulb present, but it's only a parking light.

Comment

I thought they used the 3rd light as a red blinker on the 98-02 MGMs.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                      I thought they used the 3rd light as a red blinker on the 98-02 MGMs.
                      No sir. It's only function is as a parking light. 3057

Comment

I've seen several modified vics then... or modified MGMs.

Comment

Working...
                        X