Belt minder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belt minder

I would like to turn off belt minder. I found instruction for 03+ (with 9 seatbelt buckle and unbuckle), but it don't work for me... After confirmation of enabling the beltminder by the airbag warning lamp flashing there nothing to change - beeper is still active. Any ideas ?
    '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

On my 2000 MGM, I was able to simply unplug the plug coming from the seat belt latch. Dunno if it's the same for 03+.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
    mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Set parking brake turn ignition on, wait till the seatbelt light goes out. Takes a while. Latch and unlatch the safety belt 9 times ending in latched. If done correctly airbag light should flash.

Comment

I made it few times and everything is like in instruction, except that beeper still works... Maybe later cars don't had this option ?
        '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

Comment

Originally posted by Atropos View Post
          I made it few times and everything is like in instruction, except that beeper still works... Maybe later cars don't had this option ?
          It will still sound the chime if you start the car before buckling your seat belt. All the procedure above disables is the fast beep chime that will periodically sound if you put the car in gear and drive it without buckling up.

The only way to disable the chime completely is to unplug the connector at the seat belt as was previously mentioned.
          —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
          1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
          1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
          1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Now I understand - thank You ! I thought that this procedure will turn off the chime which beep when I start a car without buckling seat belt...

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
              It will still sound the chime if you start the car before buckling your seat belt. All the procedure above disables is the fast beep chime that will periodically sound if you put the car in gear and drive it without buckling up.

The only way to disable the chime completely is to unplug the connector at the seat belt as was previously mentioned.
              Except then the airbag light will be on...

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                Except then the airbag light will be on...
                There isn't a separate connector just for the seat belt? I'm thinking of earlier cars. This is how I disabled the seat belt warning in my 1995 Mustang. No air bag light. I forget the newer models are more integrated.
                —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
                  There isn't a separate connector just for the seat belt? I'm thinking of earlier cars. This is how I disabled the seat belt warning in my 1995 Mustang. No air bag light. I forget the newer models are more integrated.
                  Yeah seat belt being buckled is a factor for air bags to work and whatnot.

Comment

Working...
                  X