This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great OE style Vacuum lines

Was originally having a hard time finding good OEM style vacuum replacement lines. As many of you know they become very brittle with time. I happened to stumble upon the F-150 forums and the guys with the old trucks were having the same problems.

One of their members Recommended MSC vacuum lines, and provided a link to the correct size and thickness (0.106" ID x 5/32" OD, 0.025"). They Come in multiple different colors and the price is hard to beat. I ordered multiple colors and leanths, and I must say it’s a perfect fit. Just thought I would pass it on for people looking to replace their brittle vacuum lines; link is below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9CE3F390-C62F-482C-8055-0C17A3FFF532.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	1304881

https://www.mscdirect.com/product/de...?item=48635932

is it possible to use a heat gun to form them like the originals?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I used a heat gun to form them without an issue
      Last edited by Hill185; 02-18-2019, 07:00 PM.

Comment

so they bend and stay put? Good deal. Might consider making some new ones for my car. I've been running rubber line for years.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

this should be "pinned"
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Very cool find.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

+1 worthy of Sticky... and stuck.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Ill post pics in the car when I have a chance. I’m pleased with them

Comment

Here’s a picture of a couple of the installed vacuum lines attached to the EGR and EGR Vacuum solenoid (green and red). The downside is they don’t mold quite as nicely as the originals but they fit perfectly into the rubber grommets which is nice.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	52AA1FD3-DD05-4853-90D1-65D2EB044FAA.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	3.36 MB
ID:	1285111

Comment

Working...
                  X