85 vic and 95 vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 vic and 95 vic

I have a 95 vic with a blown engine, I was wondering if there are any parts on a 95 vic I could use on an 85. Thanks for your time.

16" wheels would be nice to start. Seats could be made to fit with bracket work. Whole rear disk setup. Whole ABS setup iirc there is info on that here somewhere. Parts of front suspension could be used in support of front big brake swap.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

unfortunately this car has 15” wheels also but the rear does have disc brakes, thanks for the ideas.

Comment

Id save the entire rear end with a bunch of the parking/e brake cables. You will get the benefit of the disc brakes as well as a wider rear end. Will make the rear of the 85 less goofy looking.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

can i use either drive shaft?

Comment

If its does not have an aluminum one its is not even worth it. The short answer is yes with conversion u joints.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

+1 don't bother with the drive shaft unless it's aluminum. Jack and tire iron can be used if you want to ditch the bumper jack death trap. The radio might be able to swap over... though if the 85 is still common ground (5 wires for speakers), you'll have to run new wires to the speakers to use the newer radio.

Other than that, you'll need to modify things to use anything else.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                Id save the entire rear end with a bunch of the parking/e brake cables. You will get the benefit of the disc brakes as well as a wider rear end. Will make the rear of the 85 less goofy looking.
                This. I never even noticed how narrow box rear ends are until I started trolling this forum. Thanks to all you fuckers I can't NOT notice it now, every time I go and look at my Townie too.
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

under car frame supports. Assuming you don't have the smog tubes present. The under engine shield can be used with a little bit of modification as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X