PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: '09 Suspension Strut Replacement

Default '09 Suspension Strut Replacement

Few questions about KYB Gas-a-Just: are replacements for non-police cars (front 551600, rear 555601) improve handling or are they just like OEM ones ? I read somewhere that the best combination is non-police front (551600) and police rear (555603). Do You have any experience with it ?

At spring I will instal on my car air springs, rear bar 21 mm with new links and front bar 29 mm with new links. At 2020 season I plan to instal Metco arms and watts link. I would like to improve handling, without much loos of comfort. Car is my only daily.
    '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue exterior, Medium Light Sone interior, Heated seats, 17" rims, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224 mufllers

They are like OEM. Though if you have wiped OEM, it will make things better for sure. The police spec ones firm things up nicely though. I have zero experience with the rear shocks though. My cars are too old to have police rear shock options (and my wife likes the soft ride of hers).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.