'09 Suspension Strut Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'09 Suspension Strut Replacement

Few questions about KYB Gas-a-Just: are replacements for non-police cars (front 551600, rear 555601) improve handling or are they just like OEM ones ? I read somewhere that the best combination is non-police front (551600) and police rear (555603). Do You have any experience with it ?

At spring I will instal on my car air springs, rear bar 21 mm with new links and front bar 29 mm with new links. At 2020 season I plan to instal Metco arms and watts link. I would like to improve handling, without much loos of comfort. Car is my only daily.
    '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

They are like OEM. Though if you have wiped OEM, it will make things better for sure. The police spec ones firm things up nicely though. I have zero experience with the rear shocks though. My cars are too old to have police rear shock options (and my wife likes the soft ride of hers).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I just recently replaced the front struts, and rear springs/shocks on my 2010 Town Car Signature Edition. I got the car for nothing from a customer. It had 419,XXX when I got it, so you can imagine what the suspension was like. I replaced everything with P71 spec parts. Thankfully, the car is a factory NON-AIR suspension car, so no messing with wiring, or computer issues. What a difference!!!! The car is ALOT more stable on the highway, and the ride quality is firmer without being jarring. I just recently replaced the upper control arms with P71 spec. I knew I needed upper ball joints, but didn't realize how bad they actually were, as the car would try to go its own way when hitting irregularities in the road. A word of advice. Check your ball joints, before you replace the struts, as you have to remove the struts to remove the controls arm bolts. I found this out after the fact. Fortunately, I have access to a lift, and the strut hardware came back out easily.
      Mike

Comment

Working...
      X