No announcement yet.

comp xe 258 which tfs heads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh like literally put the Lincoln iac on the new tb?

Comment

yeah.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

yes. same part as the new, just different plugs really.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I don't know why I couldnt figure that. Pretty obvious. It ran for a bit. Water pump needs messed with. It seemed to run rich. Thought these type of mods would leans things out.

Comment

if manifold vacuum is low, it runs rich. Make sure the vac supply to the MAP is good. I did an intake swap once and found the port had crap in it so the MAP had no vacuum. I had another, unrelated issue where the EGR passage was finally not clogged, and the EGR valve was opening too much because of a bad regulator. Never knew it was messed up until I actually had EGR flow through the intake. It bogged badly off-idle and generally ran poorly unless the egr vac line was unhooked.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Its about to get guages and a tune. A dyno is to follow. With bbk headers, duals, and ported explorer intakes what can be expected. This is before maf and cam. I'm hoping 200 hp

Comment

Fixed the water pump and got the intakes on. The idle is spuratic and it dies at stoplights. I'm pretty certain I've got the vacume lines right. Any ideas? Could it be close to the limits of speed density?

Comment

Possibly. Since it's breathing better, you may need to check the base idle. You might need to turn the throttle stop screw in a bit to get the base idle up enough for the idle air control valve to do any good.

With the SPOUT jumper removed, timing in the 10-14 degree area, idle should be around 550-650 (I usually try to peg it at about 600). Then it should be good enough at idle even if the IAC craps itself. Get closer to 650 if you want a little more stability if it's hunting a lot.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Any updates on this? Ever get a tune or dyno it?
                    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                      Any updates on this? Ever get a tune or dyno it?
                      No ive had several mechanics look at it and do things to it. And at this point i dont really trust anyone on it. I told 4 seperate mechanics to fix the vacume leaks. Nobody seals up the ported upper and lower correctly via gasket matching. I told the guys at the exhaust shop to relocate the 02 sensors when i did duels. They didnt. Ordered 3 rearends out of new mexico with the promise they were 11 inch drum track loc. All were wrong. Unless its someone from this forum, im not letting anyone else touch it. These guys take ur car for 4 months at a time and do jackshit while working on other projects.

Comment

The car seems to ruin batteries. Have to buy a new one almost everytime i work on it. It has a msd ignition box. No guages yet. It has ported upper and ported lower intakes. Explorer t.b. the mechanic put on 19 instead of 24 lb injectors. Told him 24. It has an eaton pumpkin-3.55. Mas air conversion tho i dont think he changed the firing order. Xplorer tb. Headers. Duals. Smog delete. It will start if i give it some gas and light throttle for about a minuate. Then it will idle on its own and slowly gain temp. When the temp guage gets in the middle the idle becomes spuratic. If driven down the street it overheats and dies at stoplights. When it dies at stoplights the battery is completely dead.

Comment

I had decided on either the xe 258 or 264 cam paired with 11r heads. I was ultimatly unsure which heads to get knowing compression and things could be an issue. The inlet and oulet holes in the head

Comment

You may want to check on that alternator; if it's stock and has not been replaced. Mine did that when it was dying.

Comment

I replaced the alternator a few years ago with a slightly higher amperage or voltage. It probly needs a 3g conversion. The website was parts geek. They had what i would call an oddly large selection of alternators for my car ranging in different outputs. It could be wrong for sure

Comment

A case of mismatched injectors, MAF, and computer could cause serious drivability issues like the ones you've stated in your thread build.

Your injectors are providing X information to the computer, your MAF is saying something else, and your computer can't read what they're saying.

You want to make sure all of your parts are calibrated to the same injector size. 19lb injectors will require a MAF that measures 19lb injector pulses and a computer that will read what those two 19lb components are telling it.

You currently have 19lb injectors?
                                What MAF are you using, and what injector size is it calibrated for?
                                Are you using the stock Lincoln computer that is calibrated for the stock 14lb injectors?
                                1985 2-Door: CFI, K&N Filter, Edelbrock Performer 289 Intake, E7 Heads, BBK Shorty Headers, Summit H-pipe, Hooker Max Flow Mufflers, E-Fan, 3G Alternator, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, Bilstein Rear Shocks, Rear Lowering Springs, KYB Front Shocks, Front Lowering Springs, FTI 2400 Stall Converter, PA Performance Valve Body, Ford Racing 4.10 Gear, Eaton LSD Differential - I own the fastest CFI powered box to the 1/8th mile: 9.658@70.74mph
                                1991 4-Door (Dad's Car): Pro-M EFI, 306ci, Forged Pistons, Ford Racing Aluminum Heads, COMP XE264HR cam, Cobra 1.7 Rockers, Edelbrock Performer RPM 2 Intake, 30lb. Injectors, Custom 65mm TB/EGR Spacer, Pro-M 75mm MAF, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Custom Summit H-pipe, Walker Mufflers, Jegs Built AOD, Roadrunner 3000 Stall Converter, Ford Racing 4.10 Gear - Best 1/8th mile time: 9.76@72.03

Comment

Working...
                                X