Drives door lock switch not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drives door lock switch not working.

Hey guy so the switch on my driver's door does not work, but does on passenger side and remote. Can't unlock and lock. 99' MGM I think it might be the switch but before I go to the scrap yard and pull one out just want to get a second opinion. Thanks so much.

Could also be the wires broken in the door jamb where they cross from the cowl to the door.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I had my go out twice, including new replacements. I finally removed them and manually used the key and slide bar to lock and unlock the doors.

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
      George Burns

Comment

With my Town Car it was the opposite thing. Turns out a "workout" of the switch made it work again, so perhaps there is a wiring or contact issue as was the case with mine. Guess no one really used the controls on the passenger side of my car.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

All good stuff here thanks.

Comment

Another issue just came up, maybe it's related. When I shift from Park to Drive the auto locks no longer engages. Any thoughts. Thanks.

Comment

I believe the autolock feature runs through the driver's door module. Does your exterior keypad work at all?

My Cars:
              -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
              -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
              -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
              -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

I tried punching in the code I found in the trunk with no success. Drivers door lock switch stoped working, now the auto locks. Module maybe?

Comment

Check the connectors to the module. If something is loose... that would do it. Check fuses too. If that all checks out... yeah... probably the module.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Okay so I replaced the switch, still drivers door doesn't unlock. Replaced the module, still doesn't unlock, but passenger door does. Going to get a multimeter and do some probing.

Comment

Working...
                    X