PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My 88 mgm

I post a lot...

This won't help with that.

Can you restart it immediately ?
    "X" car 89 Colony Park LS Mods>Engine delete, SS duals magnaflow hflow cats, 2010 Must GT mufflers, auto air shocks, Posi, Tran cooler, big front brakes, 03+ rear disks, Large 3g alt, Tripminder, GS grill, 86 seats, 16" HPP wheels, winter boots=96 Cartier wheels, 215-65/16 Goodyear ULTRA GW3 snows, pi rear sway, alum driveshaft.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer, Silver Stars, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector.
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated Cooper Zeon RS3-A, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

Quote Originally Posted by jaywish View Post
    This won't help with that.

Can you restart it immediately ?
    Yeah i put it in neutral and turn on sometimes it takes 2 key turns sometimes just one time. Or sometimes i exit freeway then come to stop and turn on. But it always turns on.

So I checked for code again key on engine off 11 10 18 and 22 pop up in that order
    Key on engine running
    So if 94 and 44 are smog pump I guess I have to look up the other codes then
    Last edited by Elias; Yesterday at 03:55 PM.

Also I ordered these brake pedals like brown blob there coming Tuesday i cant wait
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3DCB7469-CA81-4C0A-8A0C-AEEA12BB5AE7.jpg   96192487-AD6B-4082-8384-76D7E12FE6CB.png   B025B7AB-6A01-418F-BAC5-A5B24B13C385.png  

Sweet. Nice find on the pedal bezels. It is a nice subtle touch.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

http://www.grandmarq.net/oldfuelinjection/page14.html

KOEO
    11 - passes
    CM (stored, this is what you get after the KOEO)
    18 - IDM circuit failure or SPOUT circuit grounded. - this is usually something fucky with the TFI, connections to the TFI, the pickup, or that other wire coming off the coil. SPOUT is the timing advance system. IDM is the ignition diag monitor, its a resistor connected to the - side of the coil. If you look at the green wire on the coil, one goes to a rubber blob. Thats the IDM connection. If the wiring at the coil is messed up, that can flake out. Also could just be the coil is randomly not sparking because of some problem with the TFI or pickup.
    22 - MAP/BP sensor out of self test range. - either you have no vacuum to the MAP, or the MAP is bad.

KOER
    21 - ECT out of self test range 0.3 to 3.7 volts. usually means the engine was cold when the test was run. If the engine was warmed up, the coolant temp sensor is bad.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    http://www.grandmarq.net/oldfuelinjection/page14.html

KOEO
    11 - passes
    CM (stored, this is what you get after the KOEO)
    18 - IDM circuit failure or SPOUT circuit grounded. - this is usually something fucky with the TFI, connections to the TFI, the pickup, or that other wire coming off the coil. SPOUT is the timing advance system. IDM is the ignition diag monitor, its a resistor connected to the - side of the coil. If you look at the green wire on the coil, one goes to a rubber blob. Thats the IDM connection. If the wiring at the coil is messed up, that can flake out. Also could just be the coil is randomly not sparking because of some problem with the TFI or pickup.
    22 - MAP/BP sensor out of self test range. - either you have no vacuum to the MAP, or the MAP is bad.

KOER
    21 - ECT out of self test range 0.3 to 3.7 volts. usually means the engine was cold when the test was run. If the engine was warmed up, the coolant temp sensor is bad.
    Think im just going to replace the whole damm distributor. The tfi is new ill go get a replacement again see if that fixes it.

I post a lot...

Got to check or replace the other stuff gadget wrote. A slightly upgraded (hotter) coil is not a bad idea. You can go to platinum plugs that way.
    "X" car 89 Colony Park LS Mods>Engine delete, SS duals magnaflow hflow cats, 2010 Must GT mufflers, auto air shocks, Posi, Tran cooler, big front brakes, 03+ rear disks, Large 3g alt, Tripminder, GS grill, 86 seats, 16" HPP wheels, winter boots=96 Cartier wheels, 215-65/16 Goodyear ULTRA GW3 snows, pi rear sway, alum driveshaft.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer, Silver Stars, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector.
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated Cooper Zeon RS3-A, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123