My 88 mgm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sly View Post
    Sounds like a good plan. I'd put the tach and oil pressure gauges up on the a-pillar myself and leave the volts and coolant temp down low. That's the mechanic in me talking though. If oil pressure drops out, you wanna know quick. Kinda why I made the T on the Mad Marquis to keep the idiot light active as well.
    I was thinking that to but it seems like every time i get stranded itÂ’s always because of voltage. Like when my alternator died leaving your house haha and like 2 times getting out from work at night. Once because the alternator mega fuse fried and another time when the + positive wire connector came loose to the alternator. I hate electrical

Comment

yeah I modified one of those extensions to retain the idiot light on my car too. All my gauges are kind of low, so the idiot lights are more likely to catch my attention than the gauges.

Electrical is easy. I dislike cooling system stuff. The leak is always somewhere not real accessible, and it happens when you're nowhere and without tools.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Update still no stalling and my new guages came in today. Also heated and remodeled the mustang guage pod a little bit almost fits perfectly I will be painting the pod same color as interior its like a dark gray. Installed the extra blue leds I have in the guages, way better than the black ones that come with the pod. Here’s a few pics will be installing the tach and oil tomorrow the voltage and coolant temp ima get a upholstery shop locally to make a nice custom guage pod and cup holders
        Click image for larger version

Name:	545D6A32-4647-45F2-A66C-5C42A3F52D16.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	2.80 MB
ID:	1285245 Click image for larger version

Name:	5CE2F0FE-E78E-472C-B46A-589E2CD338A1.jpeg
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	1285246
        Click image for larger version

Name:	294A51A0-BD6E-4064-8C0E-F785C640CDB9.jpeg
Size:	547.5 KB
ID:	1285247 Click image for larger version

Name:	00A25B13-6A08-4D34-B81A-B5AD0CE021CE.jpeg
Size:	2.69 MB
ID:	1285248Click image for larger version

Name:	140D795B-EB8E-48B5-8AE7-42AFB8EDB703.jpeg
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	1285249

Comment

the blue looks cool, but I found it hurts my eyes in use. I went back to stock green lighting, using warm white LED and stock blue filters.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            the blue looks cool, but I found it hurts my eyes in use. I went back to stock green lighting, using warm white LED and stock blue filters.
            Do you have any pictures. Well see iv had my dash cluster blue for a while never really bothered my eyes if anything ill just change the guages white.

Comment

no pics but if you remember what it looked like stock, its that but less dim. Initially I went back to stock bulbs but it was dark to the point of not being able to see anything. The LED are bright enough that I can dim the dash and still see things.

Comment

Cool! Gonna be nice.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Did a video of exhaust sound put it on YouTube so yall can hear it some what and guage testing after install also a little slow pull hahah. Only thing I still haven’t done was install the oil pressure sensor but wiring is all ready just need to remove pressure switch and T it like sly recommend to me and connect and done. Then have to work on the voltage and coolant guage but overall i like them. On the video y’all can see i put in a switch so i can turn off the light when i want to next to the switch will be a separate switch for the other two guages. So if i want the a pillar light on and the lower light off I would be able to turn them of separately or lower light on and a pillar light off. Or both on also after pull which was Sunday I guess I busted the coolant hose that goes from the thermostat housing to the water pump Monday morning i was driving to work and was smelling burnt antifreeze haha filled up coolant then after work went home while spraying antifreeze all on the highway 😂 at first i thought it was the water pump again (last year I replaced it twice) i lucked out. Good thing I have the big rad and resovior dont think I would of made it with the little murry one i had before from oriely.
                  https://youtu.be/grYcBsWEtYA

https://youtu.be/0trFlMtYZIE
                  Last edited by Elias; 04-02-2019, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Dropped car off yesterday at transmission shop overdrive was burned because of the tv bushing. Been like that for about 2 years finally fixing it. Went to the junkyard yesterday and picked up a explorer upper intake. It started raining so I have to back tomorrow and get the lower. When car comes back from transmission shop they say by Wednesday, I should be done sanding and painting the upper intake i will be putting the lightning egr and tb i got from David. Thanks David by the way for taking payment on them 👍🏼 Never thaned u
                    Attached Files

Comment

Grabbed the lower explorer intake yesterday I sanded primer and painted the upper. At first i was just going to slap in on the lop not sure how that will work, but now i think ima do ho/gt40 swap instead. So i will be saving some more money and start gathering the pieces i need if im not mistaken I think only parts i need left are the heads cam and the computer. I have to do more research on which computer I would need with that combo. Most likely I will just use a stock mustang cam I know there didn’t computer which is the best and most common used. I wonder how much hp I would get.
                      Build list will be
                      Computer (to be determined)
                      Gt40 heads (getting soon)
                      Explorer intake (have already)
                      Stock mustang cam (getting soon)
                      Lightning egr and tb (have already)
                      Bbk header with bbk hpipe (installed already)

Am I missing something
                      Attached Files

Comment

So i took my lower intake to my old Autobody teacher he let me sand blast the lower intake heres before and after picture i will primer and paint it same color as the upper intake. Also i think ima just go full ho instead of just installing the lower and upper alone. So i will be looking to get the pieces i need, heads cam and computer are only parts I think i need left also car is still not back from transmission shop
                        Attached Files

Comment

Got car back from transmission shop my mgm is now a vic now hahah look at pictures. feels good to have od again it shift good in all gear except when stepping on it 3-4 seams a little delayed. It also seams to shift later in all gear 3-4 it would shift around 45mph now its about 50 not sure if that because of the shift kit. installed. Took a little video future wheels rearend and a few powder coated goodies. Need to install the aluminum drive shaft i pick up from the 97 vic need to find the u joint that’s needed to replace it.

https://youtu.be/vtdgZAdOfpw
                          Attached Files

Comment

Sounds like the tv pressure isnt right. Maybe a little low?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 87GrandMarq View Post
                              Sounds like the tv pressure isnt right. Maybe a little low?

How do you set it

Comment

The best way is with a pressure gauge hooked up the the port on the side of the trans but I watched a video on youtube where a guy shows you how to set it up like factory.

https://youtu.be/6L3hNzxdiYw

I dont know if most trans shops know how to set the tv pressure on an aod. But it should be simple enough to at least set it back to factory. Under light throttle it should shift into overdrive closer to 40 mph from what Ive gathered.

Comment

Working...
                                X