No announcement yet.

My 88 mgm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine are down below the radio, honestly they are not visible when driving. I could lose oil pressure and I wouldn't know it. thats actually why I modified my sending unit extension and put the idiot light switch back in. At least I might see the light if something tragic happens.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

My 88 mgm

Update so far trimmed the lower gauge pod almost fits perfect under the ash tray
      Also replace all 6 interior speaker had to trim the door speaker hole a bit, and put some dynamat around speaker. replaced the front door
      Also here’s a better picture of the Adtr rear control arm with my exhaust and aluminum drive shaft installed
      And my rear disc conversion I been trying to do I started buying parts rear disc (finally)
      My new diff cover. Carbon clutches are coming Tuesday. Hopefully next week I will order the gears and rebuild kit for the rearend

When it’s done it will look like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Elias; 04-02-2020, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Nice!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Got a brand or part number on the gauge pod? How much modifying did you have to do?
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

My 88 mgm

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
            Got a brand or part number on the gauge pod? How much modifying did you have to do?
            Autometer 15022 supposedly is for a hummer on top dash pad I figured I would just flip it around and trim it. [emoji23] it wasn’t so bad just made a little paper template of the ash tray. And cut it out with a dreamer. Trim check fitment and cut some more. But it came out good I think.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gauge-Pod-G...EAAOSwE-VehQgp

Last edited by Elias; 04-03-2020, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Before I cut it up
              After trimming

Comment

Nice

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I like it.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

My 88 mgm

Here’s a few picture of the parts I have for the rear disc swap, so far I still need the gears and axles seals. Not sure if I should just go ahead and buy new axles since it’s all out.

Comment

So haven't posted in a while but here's a few pictures of stuff that's been done to it.

Last thing I was working on was rearend but
                      Had a electrical fire that had to put everything on hold.

Comment

Comment

Ended up wiring in a 94 Vic under hood fuse box

Also had to rewire all wires in the front to headlight corner lights and alternator and battery wires which it was a pain

Comment

Looks like it will be in better shape.
                            Question on the rear, Is that a 28 spline carrier?
                            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Well while it was all torn apart I decided to go electric fans also lol
                              I ordered the Lmr contour fans with controller and went to town.
                              Spacing was almost perfect only thing I had to do was drill top mounting brackets a bit.
                              I wired the controller inside the glove box which I think came out great
                              Wired all relays to fuse box which includes high and low fans and also. Headlight relays

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                                Looks like it will be in better shape.
                                Question on the rear, Is that a 28 spline carrier?
                                Yes but since then I went a different route
                                Going with 31 spline now
                                Had the tubes welded.

Comment

Working...
                                X