PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My 88 mgm

Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Sounds like a good plan. I'd put the tach and oil pressure gauges up on the a-pillar myself and leave the volts and coolant temp down low. That's the mechanic in me talking though. If oil pressure drops out, you wanna know quick. Kinda why I made the T on the Mad Marquis to keep the idiot light active as well.
    I was thinking that to but it seems like every time i get stranded it’s always because of voltage. Like when my alternator died leaving your house haha and like 2 times getting out from work at night. Once because the alternator mega fuse fried and another time when the + positive wire connector came loose to the alternator. I hate electrical

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

yeah I modified one of those extensions to retain the idiot light on my car too. All my gauges are kind of low, so the idiot lights are more likely to catch my attention than the gauges.

Electrical is easy. I dislike cooling system stuff. The leak is always somewhere not real accessible, and it happens when you're nowhere and without tools.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Update still no stalling and my new guages came in today. Also heated and remodeled the mustang guage pod a little bit almost fits perfectly I will be painting the pod same color as interior its like a dark gray. Installed the extra blue leds I have in the guages, way better than the black ones that come with the pod. Hereís a few pics will be installing the tach and oil tomorrow the voltage and coolant temp ima get a upholstery shop locally to make a nice custom guage pod and cup holders
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	545D6A32-4647-45F2-A66C-5C42A3F52D16.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	2.80 MB 
ID:	51842 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5CE2F0FE-E78E-472C-B46A-589E2CD338A1.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	51843
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	294A51A0-BD6E-4064-8C0E-F785C640CDB9.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	547.5 KB 
ID:	51844 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00A25B13-6A08-4D34-B81A-B5AD0CE021CE.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	51845Click image for larger version. 

Name:	140D795B-EB8E-48B5-8AE7-42AFB8EDB703.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	51846

the blue looks cool, but I found it hurts my eyes in use. I went back to stock green lighting, using warm white LED and stock blue filters.

5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    the blue looks cool, but I found it hurts my eyes in use. I went back to stock green lighting, using warm white LED and stock blue filters.
    Do you have any pictures. Well see iv had my dash cluster blue for a while never really bothered my eyes if anything ill just change the guages white.

no pics but if you remember what it looked like stock, its that but less dim. Initially I went back to stock bulbs but it was dark to the point of not being able to see anything. The LED are bright enough that I can dim the dash and still see things.

Cool! Gonna be nice.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Did a video of exhaust sound put it on YouTube so yall can hear it some what and guage testing after install also a little slow pull hahah. Only thing I still havenít done was install the oil pressure sensor but wiring is all ready just need to remove pressure switch and T it like sly recommend to me and connect and done. Then have to work on the voltage and coolant guage but overall i like them. On the video yíall can see i put in a switch so i can turn off the light when i want to next to the switch will be a separate switch for the other two guages. So if i want the a pillar light on and the lower light off I would be able to turn them of separately or lower light on and a pillar light off. Or both on also after pull which was Sunday I guess I busted the coolant hose that goes from the thermostat housing to the water pump Monday morning i was driving to work and was smelling burnt antifreeze haha filled up coolant then after work went home while spraying antifreeze all on the highway 😂 at first i thought it was the water pump again (last year I replaced it twice) i lucked out. Good thing I have the big rad and resovior dont think I would of made it with the little murry one i had before from oriely.
    https://youtu.be/grYcBsWEtYA

https://youtu.be/0trFlMtYZIE
    Last edited by Elias; 04-02-2019 at 07:57 PM.

Dropped car off yesterday at transmission shop overdrive was burned because of the tv bushing. Been like that for about 2 years finally fixing it. Went to the junkyard yesterday and picked up a explorer upper intake. It started raining so I have to back tomorrow and get the lower. When car comes back from transmission shop they say by Wednesday, I should be done sanding and painting the upper intake i will be putting the lightning egr and tb i got from David. Thanks David by the way for taking payment on them 👍🏼 Never thaned u
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E72EAE88-64D1-4C66-930F-EE5F048E7EAF.jpeg   A005ADC2-D684-4322-8EC7-1C3B2219F1C8.jpg   4B4861FA-C765-48AB-8D3D-6A28392722D0.jpg  

Grabbed the lower explorer intake yesterday I sanded primer and painted the upper. At first i was just going to slap in on the lop not sure how that will work, but now i think ima do ho/gt40 swap instead. So i will be saving some more money and start gathering the pieces i need if im not mistaken I think only parts i need left are the heads cam and the computer. I have to do more research on which computer I would need with that combo. Most likely I will just use a stock mustang cam I know there didnít computer which is the best and most common used. I wonder how much hp I would get.
    Build list will be
    Computer (to be determined)
    Gt40 heads (getting soon)
    Explorer intake (have already)
    Stock mustang cam (getting soon)
    Lightning egr and tb (have already)
    Bbk header with bbk hpipe (installed already)

Am I missing something
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F04DD1E5-7E46-4C93-A5FB-7E4BBFFD4B23.jpeg   846F1EF2-9800-4998-972D-EC6D29BF0ADC.jpeg   7CD765D5-3976-4F1F-931F-935233E35E7D.jpeg  

So i took my lower intake to my old Autobody teacher he let me sand blast the lower intake heres before and after picture i will primer and paint it same color as the upper intake. Also i think ima just go full ho instead of just installing the lower and upper alone. So i will be looking to get the pieces i need, heads cam and computer are only parts I think i need left also car is still not back from transmission shop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BEE7AD98-3135-4F18-80D5-7AF511BEFE02.jpeg   0E5D20E9-5790-4089-9AAF-A8A3B6939274.jpg  

Got car back from transmission shop my mgm is now a vic now hahah look at pictures. feels good to have od again it shift good in all gear except when stepping on it 3-4 seams a little delayed. It also seams to shift later in all gear 3-4 it would shift around 45mph now its about 50 not sure if that because of the shift kit. installed. Took a little video future wheels rearend and a few powder coated goodies. Need to install the aluminum drive shaft i pick up from the 97 vic need to find the u joint thatís needed to replace it.

https://youtu.be/vtdgZAdOfpw
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C22A4A22-0117-4921-8B3E-1F6C6E1C1A01.jpeg   889FEBCE-FB49-46E6-9D8E-C1CC5545D50C.jpeg   B228B5EF-871F-4563-82F4-602FD2305A34.jpeg  

Sounds like the tv pressure isnt right. Maybe a little low?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 87GrandMarq View Post
    Sounds like the tv pressure isnt right. Maybe a little low?

How do you set it

The best way is with a pressure gauge hooked up the the port on the side of the trans but I watched a video on youtube where a guy shows you how to set it up like factory.

https://youtu.be/6L3hNzxdiYw

I dont know if most trans shops know how to set the tv pressure on an aod. But it should be simple enough to at least set it back to factory. Under light throttle it should shift into overdrive closer to 40 mph from what Ive gathered.

If it doesn't engage OD until 50, the pressure is not too low. When its going in under 35, thats too low. I would seriously recommend not touching that adjustment since it will likely void the warranty on your trans rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    If it doesn't engage OD until 50, the pressure is not too low. When its going in under 35, thats too low. I would seriously recommend not touching that adjustment since it will likely void the warranty on your trans rebuild.
    I was thinking about it backwards, luckily you corrected me thanks. I didnt even think about the warrenty but honestly if they set it up wrong after a rebuild I dont know if Id trust them to set it up correctly. Too far off either high or low and the built trans will need another rebuild.

The Mad Marquis shifted FIRM into OD at 45mph with 3.55 gears. The shift firmness softened up over about 50K miles but was still noticible and stable at 45mph. If you've got 2.73 to 3.27 gears and you're shifting at 50 into OD and the rest of the gears seem to shift fine... leave it alone.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Shiny driveshaft.

I dont know why but I have always drove around in D and went into OD when I reach speed on the highways etc. Must have been how my father taught me.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Shiny driveshaft.

I dont know why but I have always drove around in D and went into OD when I reach speed on the highways etc. Must have been how my father taught me.
    Is there a advantage of doing this will it damage trans i was thinking about it only using it going onto freeway. Also do yíall know the u joint adapter part number. I wanna swap it out tomorrow

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast