My 88 mgm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elias View Post
    i will be putting the lightning egr and tb i got from David. Thanks David by the way for taking payment on them ���� Never thaned u
    David does meticulous work & is a stand up guy to boot.
    Last edited by mitymerc; 04-23-2019, 03:22 PM. Reason: speeling

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Update my spacers came in a few days ago so yesterday I test fitting the wheels on I still need to buy the tires but finally made up my mind on the size and brand

These will be the front nitto nt555 g2
      https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tir...555-g2/p/18543

These will be the back nitto nt555 g2
      https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tir...555-g2/p/18548

Heres a few pic of how it will look
      Click image for larger version

Name:	C283DC23-4EDB-4E66-8828-888A7E0FD32B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	204.5 KB
ID:	1285338

Name:	56B025D6-FAB9-42A8-8FCD-B9B197F7331F.jpeg
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	1285339

Name:	5C784B23-FE6D-4981-8850-55DD48AD6111.jpeg
Size:	2.60 MB
ID:	1285340

Name:	1994F382-2747-4C8B-9077-CA1112CFBB50.jpeg
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	1285341

Name:	9B918834-DA9B-43C0-AE45-C773B4B23A1E.jpeg
Size:	2.58 MB
ID:	1285342

Name:	CAD0D313-00A5-45A6-862A-F0B470DBFD04.jpeg
Size:	2.55 MB
ID:	1285343

Name:	A5F39C83-A7A1-4532-A3CA-7BB332FBCBA4.jpeg
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	1285344
      Also how do y’all post pictures on here so it will show bigger instead of the little small picture at the bottom of the comments sometimes when i post them they come out upside down

Comment

Elias,

I am currently looking @ the same tires for my blue car. The link goes to a store locator not the tire.

What size are you getting?

Do you know the back space and offset of the wheels?

How thick are the spacers?

Thanks,

MM

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Elias,

I am currently looking @ the same tires for my blue car. The link goes to a store locator not the tire.

Thanks,

MM

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
            Elias,

Thanks,

MM
            I click on link and it goes to the tires o well anyway they are 255/45/18 front and back are 295/40/18 spacers are 1” front and 1.25” in the rear and they are off set 20 here a picture of the tires. Most likely i will be getting them next paycheck
            Attached Files

Comment

traction must be good, the car sticks to the roof.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                traction must be good, the car sticks to the roof.
                Hahah

Comment

Do you know the back spacing on the wheels?

Comment

Do you know the back spacing on the wheels?
                    Backspacing
                    Rear is 6.28
                    Front is 5.54

Comment

Originally posted by Elias View Post
                      Backspacing
                      Rear is 6.28
                      Front is 5.54
                      Thanks Mang!

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        Shiny driveshaft.

I dont know why but I have always drove around in D and went into OD when I reach speed on the highways etc. Must have been how my father taught me.
                        Yep, this is also how I do it. I do not let my car go into OD unless it's 50mph or above or I know I'll be able to float along for at least a mile before it has to shift out. And if it shifts into OD, I'll baby the throttle to prevent it from downshifting if I can. The whole OD shift on these is pretty goofy as it is. It's not a bad thing to spin the engine, many a 302 was behind a three speed auto or manual trans and they lived just fine.
                        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

So I sold my marauder and I finally bought the tires for the 88 mgm
                          Front 255/45/18 nitto 555 g2
                          Rear. 295/40/18 nitto 555 g2
                          Should install them today after work will take pic tomorrow with them installed. Also might be receiving the adtr rear arms some time next week. Will take more pics when they get here
                          Attached Files

Comment

Haven’t posted pic but here’s a few pictures of the car they look good and there a few pic of the rear control arms I should install them Sunday hopefully
                            http://imgur.com/TNWrHjO
                            https://imgur.com/gallery/uuevzdn
                            https://m.imgur.com/account/Thugveloz/images/v8BP5s9
                            https://m.imgur.com/account/Thugveloz/images/K4FN7GL
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Elias; 06-12-2019, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Looks good.
                              I like the black against the grey.

Comment

Looks good.
                                I like the black against the grey.
                                Thanks
                                I know some of y’all seen them on ig and fb but for y’all that haven’t heres a few pics of the rear control arms from adtr. Half way done because of father day and work haven’t had time to finish but when I get out from work I should be done today.
                                Pic comparing original arms vs adtr arms
                                And smaller rear bar vs 1” bar
                                Also I need to figure out how these dam pictures can post right they always end up turning upside down or sideways
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X