X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

header panel

winter project redoing header panel
    Attached Files

Just a general refinish or was it cracked?
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

filled in ornament hole and some small cracks

Comment

Cool. Good luck.

My header panel was cracked ages ago 2000 or so when my father owned the car. Jeep a hole back into it...you know the ones with the spare tire on the back...Anyways it was cracked like that forever until I painted the car in 2010. V'd a groove into the crack nice and big and filled things in with fiberglass body filler and finished with regular lightweight body filler. Lasted good for many years (about 5) until I had to remove the fenders (that you picked up from me) so I could replace them for non rusty ones. Somehow things just were not happy after being reinstalled and the damn crack came back. I have another header panel stored now for whenever I want to take care of the job. Not worth repairing it again if it could happen all over.

I like the idea of filling in the ornament hole. I just made a delete plate up from a base of a hood ornament. Filled it in nicely and painted it. I would prefer the smooth look.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I always liked the hood ornaments on these cars. I just wish dickholes didn't go around and rip them off like they did to my car (have a replacement I got from WagonMan though that I have to install still).

That said, I like the look of the hole filled with filler over the delete plate.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

in primer
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X