PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: header panel

Default header panel

winter project redoing header panel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1532.jpg   IMG_1533.jpg   IMG_1534.jpg   IMG_1537.jpg  

I post a lot...

Just a general refinish or was it cracked?
    "X" car 89 Colony Park LS Mods>Engine delete, SS duals magnaflow hflow cats, 2010 Must GT mufflers, auto air shocks, Posi, Tran cooler, big front brakes, 03+ rear disks, Large 3g alt, Tripminder, GS grill, 86 seats, 16" HPP wheels, winter boots=96 Cartier wheels, 215-65/16 Goodyear ULTRA GW3 snows, pi rear sway, alum driveshaft.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer, Silver Stars, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector.
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated Cooper Zeon RS3-A, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

filled in ornament hole and some small cracks

Cool. Good luck.

My header panel was cracked ages ago 2000 or so when my father owned the car. Jeep a hole back into it...you know the ones with the spare tire on the back...Anyways it was cracked like that forever until I painted the car in 2010. V'd a groove into the crack nice and big and filled things in with fiberglass body filler and finished with regular lightweight body filler. Lasted good for many years (about 5) until I had to remove the fenders (that you picked up from me) so I could replace them for non rusty ones. Somehow things just were not happy after being reinstalled and the damn crack came back. I have another header panel stored now for whenever I want to take care of the job. Not worth repairing it again if it could happen all over.

I like the idea of filling in the ornament hole. I just made a delete plate up from a base of a hood ornament. Filled it in nicely and painted it. I would prefer the smooth look.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

I always liked the hood ornaments on these cars. I just wish dickholes didn't go around and rip them off like they did to my car (have a replacement I got from WagonMan though that I have to install still).

That said, I like the look of the hole filled with filler over the delete plate.