Torque Pro App revelations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torque Pro App revelations

I got this thing on my tablet along with dongles to isolate trouble on now-gone jaguar. Lot of good it did but that is another story. The thing provides lots of info from the MGM ECU and just wondering if anyone else uses this to learn what the car is doing. Some of these show numbers I do not understand. I also do not know what all the acronyms and abbreviations mean. The basic stuff I get: fuel trim, rail pressure, volts, trans fluid temp, cyl head temp, even cat converter temp! Other stuff I added just because it was available from the profile initialization mean nothing to me. Any guidance or experience with this is appreciated. This app will let you clear a code but it does not allow any changes to software or firmware. It is only diagnostic from what I can tell.
    "In an insane society a sane man would appear insane." --Spock to Kirk
    2008 GM LS in Smokestone Metallic

I used to use Torque. I use OBD Fusion now. I also have Scantool.net OBDLink SX USB dongle and use the OBDLink app with that. OBD Fusion will also allow purchase of vehicle year specific add-ons for body computer codes. If you have an OBD adapter to use with a laptop, ForScan is your best bet for panthers. It'll read almost everything for Mazda, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury after 1996.

If you want to make changes, you need tuning software. That gets spendy quick. ForScan does support some changes though and it's free for Windows.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

scantoolnet and obdlink have pissed me off, always comes up with a 'you need to register' to use obdlink even though I've already registered it. F'ing annoying POS programmers.

Comment

I paid two dollars I think to get the improved torque which may not be ideal but it is glitch free. Still hoping to find someone who has used it and can provide insight.
        "In an insane society a sane man would appear insane." --Spock to Kirk
        2008 GM LS in Smokestone Metallic

Comment

I didn't like Torque because it didn't show several of the PIDs correctly. At least with OBD Fusion, I could get that stuff to show correctly with proper descriptions. This was several years ago though and Torque may have fixed that.

Also, Torque will NOT change settings in the engine computer. It is for diagnosis/monitoring ONLY. If you want to change settings, you will have to use ForScan - WHICH IS FREE and a compatible OBD-II adapter.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
          X