No announcement yet.

Would this be a waste of time or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow that was eye opening. After it ran all four speakers it began "self test" on all the stations in my area scanning them super fast. Each of the six presets produced a variety of indications including date of manufacture and other codes I did not know meaning of. At no time did I see anything about a sub1 or sub2. It did say "self test fail" after a while but I could not determine why or what failed. I will see if anyone has you-tube-d about this. Right now I am leaning toward putting in better 6x8 on rear deck with a booster amp back there to intercept the spkr signal in the trunk and then send it to better speakers I will buy and install. Before I do though I might pull radio and see if the specific color wires to feed a sub are on that other plug. If so, I will tap in to them and put headphones on to see what if anything is there. Thank you.
    "In an insane society a sane man would appear insane." --Spock to Kirk
    2008 GM LS in Smokestone Metallic

Comment

Updating (but not talking to myself or replying to myself) here: I bought a Rockville 8" self contained woofer and amp and screwed it to upright panel of rear seat (in trunk area) and removed a square foot of soundproofing foam and rubber so it fires into passenger compartment with less stuff in the way. I tapped in to rear spkr wires from inside trunk after putting coax new kenwoods in there. The sound is way improved but I want tweeters up front. Should I put them in the "sail" panel at front lower corner of window frame or on the A pillar trip panel or ?? And what kind? There are lots of $50-70 pairs from the usual brands; what are better than others in anyone's experience? Thank you.

Comment

Marauders all had Alpine called "audiophile" head with a sub. Optional 6 disk trunk changer. Many have upgraded to later ford 6 disk head units from other cars & Suv's
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Do marauders have tweeters in the front doors or A pillars? Maybe someone could put up image of one so I can see how best to add some. Thank you.

Comment

I don't remember looking at the door speakers to note if the are bi or tri axial. There are no dash mounted tweeters, sad to say.
            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
            X