1981 mark 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 mark 6

I scored this car last week from a car lot, that the original owner traded in on a new one. The car lot was trying to sell it for over a year, and they slowly came down to earth with the price. The georgia and Florida sun killed the car, but it's not too nice that I am afried to drive it. No sunroof which I love in the town cars, but in the town coupe, and mark 6 in seams I am always hitting my head on the roof because of the shorter 2 door roof line. Has the digital dash which is a must have for me.

The tv rod fell of the first day I had it, so put on the brass bushing, hopefully not to mush damage was done.

I scored a 3.55 posi out of a 1989 town car a couple weeks ago for it at the junk yard. I forget if there is something weird with these early aod's for the speedometer gear.

All ready had a full dual exhaust off a 1988 lincoln with the hangers. I shorted the H pipe and was good to go. Nice living in the south useing factory exhaust from the 80's besides new mufflers.

Need to do some door work but luckily I scored a 2 door mark 6 parts car a couple years ago and saved parts from it.

Put a wagon front swaybar up front and a police bar in the rear. Mite experience with the front police sway bar later.

Think this is the first car I will try to keep up to date on here.

More things to come are 1990 Lincoln headers, 1989 factory jbl CD player set up,oil cooler from a 5.8 police car and tranny and power steering cooler if they fit with the hideaway headlights, maybe 1980 Lincoln tubular control arms and more things to come.Click image for larger version

Name:	20190310_180841.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1304910Click image for larger version

Name:	20190310_180841.jpg
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1304910
    Last edited by dd345; 03-23-2019, 09:56 AM.

Neat color combo.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Good deal.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Very nice. I've seen a couple in that colour combo...

Recommend you give the turn signal lenses a good wiggle. If they seem loose, pull them out and reglue them better. They're an absolute bear to find in good shape.

Current driver: Ranger
        Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
        | 88 TC | 91 GM
        Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
        Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
        | Junkyards

Comment

Gotta love the lacy spoke turbines.

I like your style of adding factory appearing options. What’s the plan for the CD/JBL? How does the later radio fit in the earlier car (physically not electronically).
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I am well aware of the front turn signals, have a couple extra ones also. I have put later radios in a mark 6 before, never a cd set up tho. I have been bench testing the factory CD player set up but the sound is distorted while playing a cd. Swapped some tires around today and gave the a/c a shot, then had some cold air. The ATC is acting up, but will deal with it at a later date. Got the door panels off and got the windows working also, still need to change out the keyless entry buttons tho.

Comment

I've uhh got a factory CD player from '89 that could be for sale.. It's pretty minty.

Nice car though, I like two doors a lot and that color scheme is sechsy. How about some interior shots?
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Love it!... I saw one (same 2 tone)on the Tampa Craigslist about a month ago and when I went back to look at it again it was gone... At least I thought it was Tampa... could have been a surrounding areas ad too.

Comment

New update, got the 3.55 with 11 inch brakes, and stock duals done a while ago. I have been having circulation issuies with the colent. And Wednesday in Atlanta traffic I lost a rear freeze plug, now an reason for a roller EFI swap.
                  I got this 88 towncar parts car that ran great, so next weekend I am going to do the full EFI swap with the roller motor.
                  Don't think I have seen anybody do a eec iii car on here. The sticky threads are 84-85 only. I know I will have to open up the hole in the firewall for the bigger computer.
                  My father did a EFI swap on a 1980 mark 6, 20 plus years ago. And he said the only problem he had was the car never started up well when it was under 30 degrees, but ran great once warmed up.

Comment

Its been done, check with 86VickyLX. I know he helped with a SEFI swap on an 82 and may be able to offer some specifics.
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It looks like I will have to swap the wiper motor to the smaller updated one.
                      And looks like not a single plug is not the same on the EFI harness.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	1285652Fun .Click image for larger version

Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	1285653Click image for larger version

Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	1285653Click image for larger version

Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	1285654

Comment

Those wiring diagrams are in a different format than the set I have. Mine is a 3 ring binder with large fold-out pages, and a bunch of tabs to select what vehicle. I have one for 86 and 84.

Comment

Working...
                          X