No announcement yet.

Found this what's the scoop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no, it was 200 miles away in my case. At least dinner was tasty and the Townie drove fabulous
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

looked over it the car is rust free. It's actually 24k original miles. The guy pulled a car fax and the records showed it, even with it dropping off of the face of the earth in 2006 when his buddy bought it. The car ran and drove great much to the sellers surprise and interior was mint. Theres a few scruffs and minor dings, but the wheel wells show no sign of dirt or freaking anything.
      Everything works.
      Theres a few minor things but considering the age the fact the car is in amazing condition other than the top.

I got it for 2600. Considering the market of everything in this state you can't get a late model Crown Victoria for that price thats over 150k.

And being this low in miles

Comment

the top is bad condition but the rest of the car is golden. I'm doing my research I have a few ideas on how to take care of the top.

Comment

$2600?

Gotdang

Given the mileage, go over the fluids, belts, seals, and hoses! I’d hate for it to go Exxon Valdez on you and start leaking. Sitting does no favors to stuff like that.

My Cars:
          -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
          -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
          -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
          -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Suspension bushings will probably be in your future too. Old rubber doesn't like moving.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Nice find. True it will require some maintenance. But starting rust free and low miles is hard to beat. As said previously be watchful of , gaskets, hoses belts. Change ALL fluids. Keep an eye of the rear axle seals, don't want to burn out the rear. Some of those may have been done already though. Keep a close eye on the tires for age related deterioration. probably better to add some 16" rims and new rubber.
              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Cool. I am in Minneapolis right now and considered checking it out myself.....glad you made that decision easy on me.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

When I get it tomorrow I'll post pictures.
                  Frankly I'm going to swapping the black astro supreme clones off from my vic onto it since those rims have new rubber and the old rubber are Michelin tires with a logo I've never seen before. The car was basically bought as an investment car and just sat around but was maintained. The guy selling it was his friend as the owner is sick and his health is fading so he needs the money. A part of me feels guilty, but that nice guy takes a shovel when reality takes its check. The hoses and stuff aren't leaking and the guy who was selling actually went over a few things.

So I'll be replacing all the fluids and even if I have to put in 1k or more into the car its worth it as its rust free. Now I need to figure out a good way to protect the undercarriage of this time capsule.

Comment

Originally posted by DrHax View Post
                    When I get it tomorrow I'll post pictures.
                    Now I need to figure out a good way to protect the undercarriage of this time capsule.
                    Fluid Film or some equivalent of an oil undercoating. Avoid rubberized undercoatings unless one day you want a chunk of rubberized rust chilling in your driveway.

Also, those tires, XH4s? The narrow white stripe strikes me very much of the spare dated 1995 that was in the '87 when I got it. Needless to say that got swapped for a newer tire. I wouldn't take a chance on a tire that's as old as I am.
                    Last edited by Kodachrome Wolf; 04-02-2019, 08:18 PM.

My Cars:
                    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
                      Fluid Film or some equivalent of an oil undercoating. Avoid rubberized undercoatings unless one day you want a chunk of rubberized rust chilling in your driveway.

Also, those tires, XH4s? The narrow white stripe strikes me very much of the spare dated 1995 that was in the '87 when I got it. Needless to say that got swapped for a newer tire. I wouldn't take a chance on a tire that's as old as I am.
                      All of this. I had XH4's on my Townie. Kill those with fire, they are waaaay past their prime at this point and are ready to blow when you'd least expect.

Comment

They only need it to make it 4miles to the house.

Comment

Car made it home fine. The only issue is it was stalling out when it first started but after giving it a bit of gas and letting it do its thing it was fine. The second time we started it up once it was home it did the same thing but it didn't stall out. It was searching for a bit before settling on a speed. I'm going to wager its that plunger part that gets clogged up with crap. Whats it called? I know I cleaned it on my vic. Or is there something I should look at. Frankly I think it might be a mixture of the older gas that still might be in it.

Comment

Idle air control valve. Could be a weak motor on it too.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

If it just cuts out with no stumble, PIP sensor. My '85 did that. Would be running smooth as glass and then DEAD. Always fired right up. Of course, that was my first venture into Panther kingdom and what motivated me to stop trolling and actually make an account on here. So I definitely knew far less than I do now which is why I miss that car. Was so sad to see it in the scrap yard last fall. I would have taken it back and nursed it to life again.

Comment

Wobbled out with my cane to start the car today. (probably the most typical description of walking out to 1980's town car.. only I'm 24 ) And I tried a few things. It died immediately but it restarted with no issues, I then got it to idle by giving it gas and keeping it stable. I then reved up the engine and let it drop it it stalled out. I restarted it and then it was reving up high.

I turned off the car and my gut says this is that Idle control unit acting up, or does this seem like something else?

Hell if its anything electrical involving the ignition I got the distributor from Crown Victoria that I know for certain is fine with new everything on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X