kickdown bushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kickdown bushing

I currently have my kickdown linkage bushing pressed in the “wrong” way should i take it out and get a new bushing and flip it the other way, and also is there a part # for a better style bushing, im currently using the dorman 74043

I like the brass version with clip myself. The Ford version is pricey IMO. There are aftermarket brass ones. Here’s one on Fleabay https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-MUSTAN...g/302514275693
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

He's got an '85, so TV rod & such.

I'd flip the bushing around the right way. Aside from that, I'm not sure there is a better bushing available. When I got my '85, it didn't even have a bushing. Found a junkyard unit and made it happy. That lasted the life of the car, I suppose it's been made into beer cans or whatever by now.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I always figured they were the same but maybe not?

I was once told the bushing on my 82 was on backwards. It was an unmolested car, and the bushing was old as dirt. If it’s indeed backwards, I think It was assembled that way:
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

That doesn't look right, maybe that one is backwards judging from how the linkage isn't parallel with the rod... The one on my '85 kinda resembled a doughnut with a slot in the middle for the TV rod to hang out in if I remember right. I got it from an '83 IV or something like that.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

kickdown bushing

I dont know if its on backwards but it isnt the right bushing. That thing is way too long. I dont have any close up pics of my 85 ltd cv but when I zoom in it doesnt look the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's a link to my thread on this topic. According to me referencing the parts diagram at the Ford Dealership, the narrow end goes towards the carb (or CFI for most of you).

Hope that's useful!
              ************************************************** ******************************
              1997 Crown Vic - Mostly rust free, moderate mileage. On the road... but far from perfect. **SOLD**
              1985 Crown Vic in 2-Tone Blue **SOLD**
              http://automophiliac.blogspot.ca/

Comment

Working...
              X