Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can we live without this??????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can we live without this??????????????

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Mercur...QAAOSwXDVcn5TY

I like the ad, "my house needs a roof so this time it has to go." I had to do that last year, still held onto all my cars.

Plus, it's not the better looking Ford version
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Well... it’s got a bidder.

I’ve been doing some studying of the automotive market. Supply and demand. Trying to figure out peak demand, and exactly where the supply is at that point sets the price. Wagons are very hard to predict on peak demand. Baby boomers are wagon buyers. So are 1960-1990 kids that grew up in one, although the later you get into the decade, the less car collectors there are. Many car collector baby boomers are becoming stagnant in or decreasing their car collecting (there are exceptions). That leaves the later generation to supply the demand. They are an unpredictable crew.

Cars, mostly, are for fun and transportation. Not investments!
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

That would be a nice one to have. I like the color combo, and it has the superior Mercury trim that doesn't get all shitty like the Ford wagon trim does.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
          You're right it is the MUCH better looking Mercury version!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

This is a highly objectionable opinion.

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
            You're right it is the MUCH better looking Mercury version!
            This is a highly agreeable opinion.

Current driver: Ranger
            Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
            | 88 TC | 91 GM
            Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
            Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
            | Junkyards

Comment

I want it!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

I like the ad, "my house needs a roof so this time it has to go." I had to do that last year, still held onto all my cars.

I like the Ford version better as well. Maybe because I had one once upon a time (an '88 when I was about 17-19) before dad took it as his daily beater and gifted my '89 MGM to me.
                I was also going to comment earlier about nobody else agreeing with this. But hey, that makes two of us.
                Yes, the trim sucks and looks awful on an old Country Squire, but I like the nose and rear design of the Fords better than the Mercurys.
                Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                  I like the Ford version better as well. Maybe because I had one once upon a time (an '88 when I was about 17-19) before dad took it as his daily beater and gifted my '89 MGM to me.
                  I was also going to comment earlier about nobody else agreeing with this. But hey, that makes two of us.
                  Yes, the trim sucks and looks awful on an old Country Squire, but I like the nose and rear design of the Fords better than the Mercurys.

Yep, like you said, I like the front end of the Fords better. Not to mention that until 1990, they've got the much better instrument cluster. You also see less well opted Fords compared to Mercury cars. Man, I miss my '85.

But for a guy like me, perhaps it's better that people flock to the Mercury version, less demand means a better price for me for the car I actually want.
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Honestly other than the trim I have little preference, and then its only because the Ford trim gets crappy. I will agree about the cluster though, I'm just not a fan of silver gauges.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                    X