PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 106
1964 Mercury Comet - Page 3
PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1964 Mercury Comet

Quote Originally Posted by friskyfrankie View Post
    Yeah, my bet is you would be much happier (but poorer) by getting aftermarket pans. Might want to check this out: https://www.autokrafters.com/Mercury...82-46-45r.aspx
    Arguably $200 (before shipping) really isn't that bad for repro floor pans. I've looked at their site before. Probably best course of action is to get the front bench out, and finish removing the flooring material and seeing the condition of the rear floor pans. The bench area is solid, and the rear floor seems to have held up, but arguably the car needs gutted first to determine how much floor needs to be sectioned out for repair.

All in due time though. At least there's still aftermarket support for this stuff. The other fun specific part I know I'll have to order up at some point will be the gas tank. Specific to Comet compared to the Falcon for this year because the trunk is longer, so it costs a bit more. Oh well, that's the way it is.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Have you found a gas tank yet? If so, what does it cost? If not, let's try to find one. LOVE to see these old cars back on the road!!
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Quote Originally Posted by friskyfrankie View Post
    Have you found a gas tank yet? If so, what does it cost? If not, let's try to find one. LOVE to see these old cars back on the road!!
    Yeah, there's a Comet repro site that has them for roughly $300 a unit.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
    Yeah, there's a Comet repro site that has them for roughly $300 a unit.
    May want to check in with CJ Pony Parts. They usually are not cheap but they do have that part for about $225. Didn't check on shipping for it so may be about what you quoted. Other than them, the prices seem to be all over the map!
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

the other thing with using flat sheet stock is it tends to flex a lot. The stock floors usually have ribs and bends to keep that from happening. Trying to match flat metal to the curves isn't fun, be easier to get the donor pans and cut and splice as appropriate.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123