Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for rear sway bar for 90 Crown Vic

Hey, everybody,

I'm looking for an original rear sway bar that will fit my 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria. The old one snapped! (The wheel alignment shop had seen lots of bent ones but never one that had been broken!)

I have one but im still using it. I will be upgrade to the 1” bar in a few months when if u still need one bye then ill sell it to you.

Comment

How on earth does the rear sway bar get broken? I'd really want a look at the rest of the stuff under the car to make sure someone didn't manage to inflict some serious damage under there.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Elias View Post
        I will be upgrade to the 1” bar in a few months when if u still need one bye then ill sell it to you.
        Thanks! I'll still be interested!

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          How on earth does the rear sway bar get broken?
          Blame the tow truck driver! He also made a mess of the driver's side muffler!

Comment

strapped it down with the bar? I'd be concerned about the lower control arms being damaged too.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Everything else is fine; my alignment shop checked it out. BTW, I had the exhaust system repaired today, and now the CV runs smoothly and quietly again!

Comment

Give me a day and i'll see if my stock '90 rear bar is still in storage. If so, i'll get it to you at whatever shipping costs. Or if you're coming to SoCal soon i can just give it to you.

Comment

Wow, that's nice. I'll be in Chatsworth from April 26-28, and I should be around Del Mar before or after that time.

Comment

O.K., I'll be passing through the L.A. area on May 24-25.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      How on earth does the rear sway bar get broken? I'd really want a look at the rest of the stuff under the car to make sure someone didn't manage to inflict some serious damage under there.
                      They fatigue at the back bolt hole. I broke the one on my 95 mustang a few years back- that car also had a nasty accident that bent an axle, that might have helped too.
                      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Still looking for an original rear sway bar for my 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria. Let me know if you have one available.

Comment

Between you and Fresno there are a few wrecking yards. One huge pick a part in Fresno area. You can see it from SR 99 on the right.
                          Since the interchange is from 1979-1991, Someone should have one on a CV or MGM.
                          Check Car-part.com or drop by a wrecking yard and have them locate one for you.

Comment

'90 may or may not have the mounts for the aero sway bar. I know both of my '91s have the mounts, but I don't know if anyone has ever used an aero rear sway bar on a late box. If it does fit and work that could expand your options.
                            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Shitcakes i'm so sorry i'm bad at keeping up on here. If you're going to be down south shoot me a PM or text me at 562-365-4197.

Comment

Working...
                              X