PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: Looking for rear sway bar for 90 Crown Vic

Default Looking for rear sway bar for 90 Crown Vic

Hey, everybody,

I'm looking for an original rear sway bar that will fit my 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria. The old one snapped! (The wheel alignment shop had seen lots of bent ones but never one that had been broken!)

I have one but im still using it. I will be upgrade to the 1 bar in a few months when if u still need one bye then ill sell it to you.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

How on earth does the rear sway bar get broken? I'd really want a look at the rest of the stuff under the car to make sure someone didn't manage to inflict some serious damage under there.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Quote Originally Posted by Elias View Post
    I will be upgrade to the 1” bar in a few months when if u still need one bye then ill sell it to you.
    Thanks! I'll still be interested!

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    How on earth does the rear sway bar get broken?
    Blame the tow truck driver! He also made a mess of the driver's side muffler!

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

strapped it down with the bar? I'd be concerned about the lower control arms being damaged too.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Everything else is fine; my alignment shop checked it out. BTW, I had the exhaust system repaired today, and now the CV runs smoothly and quietly again!

I post a lot... knucklehead0202's Avatar

Give me a day and i'll see if my stock '90 rear bar is still in storage. If so, i'll get it to you at whatever shipping costs. Or if you're coming to SoCal soon i can just give it to you.

Wow, that's nice. I'll be in Chatsworth from April 26-28, and I should be around Del Mar before or after that time.