dash mat for a 85 vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dash mat for a 85 vic

Are they worth buying, if so can someone send me a link for a burgundy dash mat for my vic, currently my dash only has minor cracking by the speaker hole, thanks

I really like the carpet type and have had them since the 80s. I have sold hundreds. They will not prevent cracking however they will make the dash look much better. Most of them come with velcro to attach the cover to the dash board. If your dash is pretty nice, I would not do that. If you do not care or your dash is pretty bad, use the velcro. Just make sure you clean the area as directed before attaching the velcro. The dash cover can be cleaned in cold water, then hang dried.
    Shop around and watch the shipping cost. JC Whitney had a good price awhile back. It should run you under $40 including shipping. Don't get the ones sold overseas. Those are not accurate. Get USA made with lifetime warranty against fading.
    When you get it, put it out in the sun for a day to get it to straighten out.

Comment

Lots of options from RockAuto... https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...ard+cover,1284

Coverlay is ABS plastic. These are typically used for really bad dashes as you glue them down.

The carpet and velour options come in Maroon (other name for burgundy).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I have a couple of coverlay dash caps for that car that I could sell.I have had them many years. Mine are black, Some vendors offer black or white. You have to prep and paint. Shipping can be high. They are made of plastic and fit pretty good. Yes they glue on. They might cover your speaker holes. I know either the center only or the side speaker holes were offered. I would have to check what I have. If you order from the factory site, there was an option for the factory to paint it for you.

Comment

The Coverlay plastic ones are offered in a lot of colors now. I got the dark brown for my LTD and the color is pretty close. It passes the "first glance" test and looks good, though after a second you realize it's a cover.
          The original owner's daughter saw me driving it a few weeks ago and saw the dash (which originally had been pretty heavily cracked with one of the speaker cutouts completely stove in) and was very impressed at the improvement as well. I think she would have been a little more impressed overall if I had put the door panels back on (fixing power locks, driver's mirror cable, and drain in bottom of driver's door)...

Comment

I showed pics of the Dash Designs product sold by RockAuto here. I like the 79-89 ones. Not quite as keen on the 90-91 dash fitment but that doesn't affect you.

The autolamp sensor location will be marked so you know where to cut, but you have to cut it yourself, or if you don't have/don't care about autolamps then leave it.

Current driver: Ranger
            Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
            | 88 TC | 91 GM
            Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
            Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
            | Junkyards

Comment

Working...
            X