Big brake mess of parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big brake mess of parts.

I kinda threw myself into this since I needed to replace the brake hard lines. I thought I had all the parts, but not sure what is what.
    I have arms with numbers cast into them of 140, 150, 133 and 155, which go "together"?
    Also, the cross bar, aside from obvious more hefty appearance, is there a difference?
    Last question, the washer on the inside, with the ridges, where can those be obtained? I can only find the 2 here on the one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

I want to say there is an LH and an RH cast into those somewhere. Not sure about the other numbers, possibly just mold numbers or something of that nature. I'm also not aware of any particular difference among the cross bars.

Have a better pic of the washer ? I honestly don't remember what that even looks like. McMaster-Carr might have something that will serve. I don't know that it needs to be ridged or whatever, that probably was more to do with the original rubber bushings. It does need to be there and it needs to fit reasonably well though.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Looked back at some of my posts and the bump stop hole for the upper a arms is towards the rear of the car. This should help you out with at least determining what is LH and RH side of things.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Could also be a Julian date, which is the day of the year out of 365 it was manufactured. This is found on lots of stampings.

Comment

upper control arms... camber/caster bolts up... short end towards the rear. Caster on these cars should always angle the upper ball joint rearward of the lower control arm ball joint.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
          X