BBS center cap origins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBS center cap origins?

I have these BBS center caps with ford stickers and part numbers on the back of them. Part number is as follows: F0LC-1A096-AA

Has a manufactures date of 11/14/95

Any idea what these initially came on? Can anyone read the part number and decipher its origins?

Or is this a custom change someone preformed before I purchased the centercaps. One things worth noting though is that the center caps are not the cheap plastic type commonly found on HPP wheels. These are full metal.
    Attached Files
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

F0 1990
    L in 1989 at least was Mark VII
    C is "chassis"

Not totally certain, but wild guess says this is from a Mark VII GTC.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I was thinking that but the date threw me off. Silly me. Of course things are still produced a couple years after production of the vehicle....

I know I did some research back when I picked these up and found out that there were actual BBS style wheels (that look awfully close) to the HPP wheels BUT were wider by at least a half inch AND had BBS written in the hub area. Maybe that MKVII you speak of had these special BBS wheels?
      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

some of the 1990 mark VII lsc wheels have bbs cast into them.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

The GTC did get a BBS wheel and blacked-out chrome before the LSC SE existed. There was also a rather rare "Stage II" version that got some engine upgrades, but the standard GTC was basically cosmetic.

http://web.atmc.net/~snonnenman/

has some info, but particularly this

"BBS cast wheels, 16x8, optional"
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Cool information. Never new such a model existed.

I would guess these center caps are for the wheels that may have come on the GTC MKVII
            ~David~

Comment

It was one of the various not terribly successful ventures Lincoln embarked on in the mid 80s. I sort of wonder if anyone bought a GTC diesel. That would be hilarious. The Mark VII sold fairly well, especially for something that was such a radical departure from boring cars like the Towncar but they didn't do so awesome with the special limited edition stuff. Don't know if that was marketing or just because the cars were expensive enough already that there wasn't much interest in spending even more on one.

Comment

They are gorgeous vehicles. Quite possibly one of my favorites. I woul dlove to have a CLEAN MKVII SEFI one day.

Did some digging from the link you posted: http://web.atmc.net/~snonnenman/Emblems.htm

Does not looks the same. lol oh well.
                Last edited by 87gtVIC; 04-17-2019, 06:18 AM.
                ~David~

Comment

Me too. Make mine a '90-'92 LSC. I'm warming up to those VII + I's too.
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Starting on page two of my Flickr Stream are a shitload of GTC photos that I took. A local guy had a low mileage one for sale a few years ago (with some laminated paperwork, spare wheels, etc) I took photos of the paperwork, which is lucky, because when the guy down in Houston that I know online bought the car, one of the sheets got lost in transit. It detailed everything the Grand Touring Coupe got above the regular Mark VII. https://www.flickr.com/photos/sexcpotatoes/page2
                    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

hm, that one seems to have the standard LSC turbines rather than the BBS wheels.

Honestly if those aren't GTC center caps, I haven't got a clue what they are from. Unless perhaps the style changed at some point over the years, which I guess is possible.

Comment

One of the selling points of the car at the time was it came with the color-matched ultra-rare official BBS wheels as well in the sale. The guy also had a cobra intake on it or something IIRC.
                        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Looks like a stock HO upper with a Cobra plate on it. Also appears to be an 87, which is the 200 hp HO. They were running E6 heads until 1988 on the Mark VII.

Comment

Working...
                          X