PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: Fuel level sender removal?

Default Fuel level sender removal?

I got the lock ring off but the thing wont budge. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The gasket is probably cemented to it... If you can't see any gasket, someone probably glued the damn thing on and you may be SOL. The gasket should be a square rubber ring about 3/16 to 1/4 thick. If all you see is metal on metal... some previous work was crap. If you can see the gasket, you might be able to get a razor bent and use that to slice through the gasket to release it then glean up the surfaces and replace the gasket. Otherwise, you may be out of luck.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Default Fuel level sender removal?

Dang, yeah I canít see a gasket. I thought about just buying a new tank and starting anew but now I think Iíll have to if its easier. Or Iíll try dropping this tank a little. Im working on my back with the car on the ground lol so its not easy. Otherwise itíll be on the back burner for a while. The good news is that it runs but it idles a little rough and is running super rich. As far as I can see everything is back to where it should be and the o2 sensors are brand new. The cats were glowing red after a few minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk